Durand Railroad days trains- TON of them it seemed.

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Durand Railroad days trains- TON of them it seemed.

Unread post by Rick in TC »

We were in Durand Friday and Saturday. stayed at the Quality Inn. first followed GLC from Cadillac to Clare, whwere we paced the train to that point. Two of the new units and #391 led a long train of short new hoppers (not the Wexford Sand ones, but a lot of other ones like GATX, etc. And a couple loads of poles that got dropped off before Clare. Empty lumber car, and plastics hoppers.

In Durand, I've seen more trains that I've ever seen during the daylight! Sever times two trains passing at one time. And CN picked up those sand hoppers that GLC brought south. Traffice must be picking up a bit, eh? Seemed like a steady stream of trains, even during the mid day when it seems like it usually dies down. That's it for now!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Durand Railroad days trains- TON of them it seemed.

Unread post by AARR »

the new (GLC) sand hoppers are gbrx, mbkx, coox, aok.

the reason they dont use them (old GLC sand cov hoppers) anymore, something to do with the coustomer that receaves them, there unloading gate does not match up with the old tisby hoppers
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rick in TC »

Yep, AARR, I saw some of those. Some had HUGE GATX across the side (not in the reporting mark location, right side close to the top. Large letters- and the reporting marks may have been different. Like the GATX locos with GMTX reporting marks. The cars looked brand new.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

You guys may have seen lots of trains, and that is good, but Railroad Days was a flop this year because of the rain and cold weather. I mostly stayed home over the weekend, but went out early Monday to watch Amtrak.

It was just after 7AM that I went out, and most of the carnival was already packed up and moved out. Sunday's weather was so inhospitable I'd bet the carnival actually lost money over the weekend. Sunday, the streets were devoid of parked cars so it is apparent that very few people came.
Norm