River Rouge railfan meet-up 4/6/24

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

River Rouge railfan meet-up 4/6/24

Unread post by David Collins »

Yours truly’s birthday is on Sunday, and I was supposed to spend all day Saturday with my girlfriend celebrating it, but after the events of this past week, and with visiting time limited at the hospital, I decided to put together a last minute railfan meet in River Rouge at Pleasant Street (CP YD). This location is pretty busy, with the CN Shoreline Subdivision and Conrail Shared Assets running through and into Oakwood Yard.

I plan on arriving around 6am and staying until later in the evening (5-6pm). The style will be similar to the meets ~Z~ hosts - show up whenever, have fun, talk with people, enjoy the trains, etc.

Make sure to park on the west side of the crossing in the parking lot next to the warehouse. Make sure to stay back from the tracks, we don’t want the boys in blue showing up and kicking us out :)

NO DRAMA OR BS IS ALLOWED.

Hope to see you guys there :)
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: River Rouge railfan meet-up 4/6/24

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Linky for approx where I think David is planning his meetup: https://maps.app.goo.gl/sYiMJsEZScD1SgND9
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

~Z~ wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:36 pm
Linky for approx where I think David is planning his meetup: https://maps.app.goo.gl/sYiMJsEZScD1SgND9
I thought I put that in the post, guess the link never copied and pasted.

But yes, that warehouses parking lot

Thanks ~Z~ :)
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

The east side of the crossing on Pleasant St between the Detroit Line / Conrail Bridge Leads and the Marsh Track may be better for sitting. Better angle of trains coming off the Junction Runner as well as lighting, and more room to park. Sitting in the "warehouse" parking lot on the west side of the crossing may interfere with the distribution and transportation of Marijuana grown inside.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

If things are slow, the classic 1952-built MV Kaye E Barker is heading for the Rouge Plant, AIS currently shows tentative arrival at 12:30 on 4/6. You’ll be just up the rails from the Jefferson Avenue drawbridge. Even if the lighting isn’t perfect for photos, it’s an experience to see a vessel of this size glide carefully up the river, so close you can chat with the crew. You can keep an eye on their progress at www.marinetraffic.com.

Have fun at YD!