MDOT, Lake states and other news

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

MDOT, Lake states and other news

Unread post by redside20 »

MDOT helping Lake States locate a transload in Wixom, and improvements to Coldwater yard among other things. GLC sans yard work and some funds for bridges.

https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/news-outr ... ram-grants
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: MDOT, Lake states and other news

Unread post by AARR »

The tracks to CSX's old transload yard are still in place AFAIK. I was waiting for LSRC to reopen it.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

The Michigan shore grant flew under the radar, but I think that could breathe life into the line in the future if G&W gets out.

Coopersville one surprises me. Shocked they made the right choice to go after government money for IMC, but are they actually going to create jobs? There’s no non-profit moves that go over that bridge, and the grant is specifically for freight and economic development. Deep down I’m hopeful the right choices are being made for the future, but unfortunately I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt way too much in the last decade.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

redside20 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:03 pm
MDOT helping Lake States locate a transload in Wixom, and improvements to Coldwater yard among other things. GLC sans yard work and some funds for bridges.

https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/news-outr ... ram-grants
Lake State . No “s”.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MikeB89
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MikeB89 »

Schteinkuh wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:21 pm
The Michigan shore grant flew under the radar, but I think that could breathe life into the line in the future if G&W gets out.

Coopersville one surprises me. Shocked they made the right choice to go after government money for IMC, but are they actually going to create jobs? There’s no non-profit moves that go over that bridge, and the grant is specifically for freight and economic development. Deep down I’m hopeful the right choices are being made for the future, but unfortunately I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt way too much in the last decade.
I could be wrong but I thought the Coopersvile and Marne had at least one freight customer?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

C&M has a freight customer in Walker, Standard Lumber. They don't have any in Coopersville. I bet Mike H could find a transload customer or two for them :wink: .
MikeB89 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:23 pm
Schteinkuh wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:21 pm

I could be wrong but I thought the Coopersvile and Marne had at least one freight customer?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

I know its on C&M property but didn't GRE switch that location at some time?

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Mike H, Mike H , he’s our man, if he can’t do it no one can!!

I think I may have dated myself with that catchy little tune.
Last edited by David Lang on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

Erroneous Monk wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 pm
I know its on C&M property but didn't GRE switch that location at some time?
You should be able to find your answer somewheres in the C&M Running Freight thread if you click on the link provided below.
https://railroadfan.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 8&start=20

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

The GR leased Grand Rapids to Marne for about 10 years to serve the freight customers after the CPMY bought the segment from the CMGN

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

Thanks for the info, guys