Wolverine to Windsor and Cleveland (with DTW stop), general Amtrak Michigan service improvements

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Wolverine to Windsor and Cleveland (with DTW stop), general Amtrak Michigan service improvements

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Let's see if any of this becomes a reality in our lifetimes.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 844250007/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

TwilightLtd
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Wolverine to Windsor and Cleveland (with DTW stop), general Amtrak Michigan service improvements

Unread post by TwilightLtd »

I would just be happy to have the option to head east from Detroit, whether via Toledo or across Ontario to Buffalo.

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Wolverine to Windsor and Cleveland (with DTW stop), general Amtrak Michigan service improvements

Unread post by Man o' War »

TwilightLtd wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:54 pm
I would just be happy to have the option to head east from Detroit, whether via Toledo or across Ontario to Buffalo.
Ain't that the truth. Been a long while since you have not had to go to Chicago in order to go east.

Man o' War

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The only place I'd ride the train to is Chicago.

I might go to Milwaukee from there, but that's about it.

Everything in Ohio and Indiana is close enough to drive.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Man o' War wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:03 pm
TwilightLtd wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:54 pm
Ain't that the truth. Been a long while since you have not had to go to Chicago in order to go east.

Man o' War
You can head east on Amtrak from the Detroit area now without having to go through Chicago, you just have to ride a bus from Detroit (et al) to Toledo and then catch an eastbound Amtrak train in Toledo (Capitol Limited at 11:49 pm, Lake Shore Limited at 3:15 am)) in the wee hours of the morning!

And here is more info about the proposed Detroit/Toledo/Cleveland Amtrak route at https://www.wxyz.com/news/proposed-trai ... d-dtw-stop.

Garry K

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

My thinking has the train to Cleveland being combined with either the Capital Limited or the Lakeshore Limited in Toledo.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k