The lastest LSRC newsletter...Greenbush and Alpena

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
bus12
Railroadfan...fan

The lastest LSRC newsletter...Greenbush and Alpena

Unread post by bus12 »

A few days ago, a poster made reference to a transload at Greenbush on the LSRC and I was certainly surprised to learn of this news on the Huron Sub. Well this newsletter most likely confirms that an anchor tenant and a few small customers have set up shop here. And Im starting to think that Viking Energy is that anchor customer. As far as Alpena is concerned their warehouse crossdock was mentioned and im wondering if theyve expanded their customer base here because ive never heard of it before. They do have a transload here or is this the same facility? Well done on the Huron Sub.

https://www.lsrc.com/wp-content/uploads ... letter.pdf

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: The lastest LSRC newsletter...Greenbush and Alpena

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting bus12.

AFAIK the Alpena cross-dock business is at the old roundhouse and handles paneling from Alpena Paneling. However, there are a couple other possible customers using it too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R Bedell »

Thanks for the update. It is good to hear that LSRC is still expanding.

GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

Viking Energy is indeed the primary customer. The ties offloaded there are taken to the power plant in Lincoln. Apparently, this operation has been around since last summer. I didn't know about the 2 other customers. Good to hear!

R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R Bedell »

In the PDF attachment, it states...
The 1502 and 1503 received prep work for their new assignments in Grayling.
Since one of those locomotives was in Port Huron to handle the "paper business", what is in Port Huron now as a replacement ?