Plymouth Sub happenings

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
C&O Dispatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Plymouth Sub happenings

Unread post by C&O Dispatcher »

Dan Cluley wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:50 pm
On the Plymouth sub was the switch from train orders to DTC around '87-88?
I don't remember the exact date, but I believe we started DTC on former train order territory on the Michigan Division in 1986. We finally started getting dispatcher radios in 1985, which was a prerequisite for verbal authorities. I remember in Saginaw, we briefly had something called VBS (Verbal Block System) which was similar to DTC, but not as flexible. I remember the big difference was you didn't have to think as far ahead with DTC as you did with train orders. Once things were set up with train orders, it was more difficult to change them, especially after most of the intermediate offices were closed. I know for most today, it's hard to imagine running all the trains we did with little to no radio communication!

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

kd_1014 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 pm
AndrewsTrains wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:26 pm
SD80MAC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Don't forget Howell.
howell almost always got ann pere cars so i dont count that
It's still a siding...
At this point there needs to be a small yard here with the way GLC is giving CSX cars.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Yah. They took 90 down with them yesterday to give to GLC.