D&M 467

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

D&M 467

Unread post by joeyuboats »

I know this is a longshot, but does anyone out there know what happened to Detroit&Mackinac RS-2 number 467 ?? The only thing I found was that it was sold to Mississippi Power and Lighting, and I forget what year that happened. I am aware that she is probably long since scrapped, and also wonder why this unit was singled out to be sold, and the others were kept and/or re-built. Thank you in advance!

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Re: D&M 467

Unread post by chapmaja »

I asked on the Mississippi Railroads page, but haven't gotten any useful info. If it is still around (very doubtful), it would have been remote controlled.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Thank you!! I am just curious as to the final disposition. Too bad she had to be separated from her sisters, and did not stay in Michigan.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

joeyuboats wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:04 pm
Thank you!! I am just curious as to the final disposition. Too bad she had to be separated from her sisters, and did not stay in Michigan.
From what I can find, it was used by MP&L at Port Gibson, which is a nuclear power station. It likely was used during construction of the unit, which was completed in 1985. I suspect it would have been scrapped on site shortly after the plant was completed. I will look into the line to Port Gibson to see when it was pulled up.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

The best I can find is the tracks to Port Gibson were pulled in 1984, so the engine likely left the property or was scrapped in 1984.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks guys for the help!!