CSX Plymouth sub train symbols (Early 2000's)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Talk
Keeps Talking

Re: CSX Plymouth sub train symbols (Early 2000's)

Unread post by Talk »

Jetlink wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:16 pm
SD80MAC wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am
Talk wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am
Thank you for all the responses! :D

Can anyone tell me what day Q328/Q329 got abolished?
April 9 was the last time Q328/329 ran. I went out and shot the last one.
ImageThe Last Q329 by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
So actually it was Thursday. :twisted:
:shock:
Ironically bad at Small Talk :(

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:16 pm
That is 47 days in transit, 17 day bad ordered. And folks wonder why customers pay more for truck delivery? I know for a fact a project was shut down over this lumber not showing up in a timely manner.
Thanks for the run-down, I enjoy reading these. Incredible.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Ben Higdon wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 pm
Raildudes dad wrote:
That is 47 days in transit, 17 day bad ordered. And folks wonder why customers pay more for truck delivery? I know for a fact a project was shut down over this lumber not showing up in a timely manner.
CN and NS are outdoing themselves on another one. The car literally disappeared off the system. Sept 17 I advised the customer the car isn't moving in Elkhart. Waybill is CN Chgo NS. Then there were a number of moves Chicago to Chicago to CN back to NS back to CN but not a location. I just happened to do a trace one night and saw it was on 31Q24. Looking on the railroadfan wiki I found that was an Elkhart to Calumet Yard. Then poof it disappeared again. I told the customer it isn't moving and I cannot document where it is. Then this morning I tried a trace and lo and behold it was on 30Q30 going back to Elkhart. 162 cars behind the power. Now we will see if they give it to GDLK.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 pm
Ben Higdon wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 pm
Raildudes dad wrote:
CN and NS are outdoing themselves on another one. The car literally disappeared off the system. Sept 17 I advised the customer the car isn't moving in Elkhart. Waybill is CN Chgo NS. Then there were a number of moves Chicago to Chicago to CN back to NS back to CN but not a location. I just happened to do a trace one night and saw it was on 31Q24. Looking on the railroadfan wiki I found that was an Elkhart to Calumet Yard. Then poof it disappeared again. I told the customer it isn't moving and I cannot document where it is. Then this morning I tried a trace and lo and behold it was on 30Q30 going back to Elkhart. 162 cars behind the power. Now we will see if they give it to GDLK.
This almost should be a thread unto itself... the entertainment value is through the roof!
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Doktor No wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 am
I hate to say it but should have routed it CN Toledo CSX.
So you tell me why it was given to NS at Detroit when it was to interchange at Toledo?
I forgot to include that one of my conversations with NS CS when it was in Elkhart the lady asked me where the car was going. me -the address on the waybill. Click click on her keyboard. We don't serve Grand Rapids. me I know that, you give it to GDLK, to the GR. You have done that for about 40 cars last year. Her - I'll pass it to some office for resolution. I check, that office is a M-F 8-5 operation. Oh well I guess it will sit at least to Monday. That's when the mill said NS was giving it to CSX in Detroit.