Traverse City Sub of Great Lakes Central

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KingsleyRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Traverse City Sub of Great Lakes Central

Unread post by KingsleyRailFan »

I'm confused as blazes here...

I live about 3 miles from the Walton Road Crossing of the Traverse City Sub, owned by Great Lakes Central. Usually they use the sub to travel to the Traverse City area (and possibly beyond, i haven't chased past TC yet) once a week. A train goes through the Walton Road Crossing at about 10:15 and comes back around 3:15.

However, in the past month, the sub hasn't been used at all. On my way up to TC there are some tarps that have blown near one of the Cass Road crossings that have been there for a month (and i always want to pull over and pull them off the tracks), and I haven't seen or heard trains at all since August 2. Is there something going on where the trains no longer need the sub? Am i going deaf? Or has the sub been completely discontinued from use?
Consistently confused

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Traverse City Sub of Great Lakes Central

Unread post by AARR »

Seems like I saw a loaded center beam in one of AARN's recent video's which would indicate a trip to TC soon
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

I live just a mile past the Holiday Rd. crossing, and go over the tracks several times a week. The rails on the Williamsburg sub are shiny and must have been used recently.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

As per a report by AANScaleRunner on the GLC Location Updates thread, Great Lakes Central was last in TC on Friday, August 23rd.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

Did they change the schedule due to track work? IIRC one of the other sections of the line has witnessed a schedule change due to track work on the line. Could it be possible they are running to TC either earlier or much latter than what was previously the "schedule"?

KingsleyRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KingsleyRailFan »

They were working on removing old ties about 2.5 weeks ago on the river road passage.
Consistently confused