Charlotte Alro siding (CN)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Charlotte Alro siding (CN)

Unread post by KC8RBK »

I heard a welder on the radio Friday beforei went to work that the Alro switch (MP209.53) would be out of service all weekend as the siding was being worked on. In passing by there on I69 today there looks to be some fancy track equipment sitting out there. If anyone is interested you could probably get some good pictures without getting too close. Its encouraging to see money being put into spurs like that. If they're willing to put money into it they obviously plan on continuing rail service. Happy railfanning :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Charlotte Alro siding (CN)

Unread post by AARR »

Alro has other locations that receive rail service too. One i know of is in Lansing proper serviced by JAIL. They may have another one on the west side of MI. They also have other locations with no rail service.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

They have a place right next to Plaster Creek interlocking on CSX in Grand Rapids, still has a switch that's connected, but they haven't recieved anything in years.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2427476 Thumbnails and discussion here about this interesting equipment.

Image equipment

Image the derail
"If I Harp at you, it is only to Spur you on!

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

If I remember right Alro in Jackson is still serviced by NS.