LAKE STATE PHOTOS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

LAKE STATE PHOTOS

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Id like to thank LSRC Fan for all the upto date photos from Alpena. It is certainlynice tobe able to see what all is going on up that way without leaving home. When I graduatedfrom High School in 2003 I made a series of trips all the way up to Alpena to photograph the LSRC. One such lucky trip was coincidentally the DAY they moved the old D&M cars out of Tawas South to Bay City. I would like to show some highlights of the past few years, prior to the arrival of the new EMD power.

LSRC 1280 Leads the Southbound on the Huron Shore Line, just above Harrisville in 2004.

LSRC #281 Leads the train south in Alpena Mi down the street!

LSRC #3571 "For the Gipper" at the Wenona CM Yard.

The ULTIMATE catch! RS3M #974 leads the old D&M coaches into Bay City from Tawas to make room for the current Walmart. For many years Tawas was the center of operations for the D&M and these coaches spent many a times on D&M Rails.

DM #2

DM #5

DM #6

DM Crane (not moved from Tawas...in Bay City)

Troop Car #7

More photos to come, including the Caboose at Flatcar / buildings in Tawas. I am putting the photos of the special move,all the way from Tawas to Bay Cityon CD. Anyone who is interested in the pictures can email me at mjkoprowicz@hfcc.edu Thanks!

Enjoy!

Mike

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

I'm still green with envy for you catching the cleaning out of the Tawas shops. I'd certainly be interested in a CD.

Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

Tawas Shops

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Im still green with envy, for all those old D&M Tawas memories of yours! I onlyused to see D&M on the line to Cheboygan... Illbe sure tolet you know when Im done with the CD :)

Styles
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Styles »

here are some pics of that area taken in 2005

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-13297

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

"Id like to thank LSRC Fan for all the upto date photos from Alpena."

Thank You

Nice pictures, and nice catches too. I especially like the picture of the 281 in Alpena. One of these day I am going to have to try to get to that location. Again nice pictures and thanks for posting.