Lake State Action

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
LSRC
Flat River Rat

Lake State Action

Unread post by LSRC »

Sorry for not posting this sooner, but I ran out of time. Yesterday I went over to the Lake State Yard after I realized that I had missed the train. The 3571 was sitting over near the roundhouse area (next to 975) and you could here the radio from in the cab. I heard, "Ok, you're clear to pull." and turned to see the 3515 working train 325, the yard job. I assume that something is wrong with the 469 because it has not been operation the past two or three days.

While the 3515 shuffled cars, the 3571 pushed the 698 into the roundhouse, then went into the roundhouse itself. Here are some of the pictures:

Later in the evening, I caught the 326 at Franklin Street with the following consist:

M420W 3571
M420W 3515
55 cars including 4-5 flyash and 4-5 cement

Here are the pictures:

Then this morning, I caught the 327a with the following consist:

C425M 381
12 stone cars

Here is the picture:

About a half and hour later I went over to the yard. The 381 was now working the 325 (which confirms my theory about the 469, pretty much) and was waiting to get back to work.

The crews were trying to get the 698 running after a long period of not working. The engine was smoking up a storm and not cooperating, but if they get it to work, I imagine that it will leave on the 326 tonight, which I hopefully plan on catching.

Thanks,

LSRC