4884 vs GP40

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

HEY! I saw the same train @ East Lansing! Really wierd to see NS Power on CN.
Here's the pics I took of him, the second unit (9522) should be familiar to the people who went to Fostoria:
This one was really making a racket!

Aw nuts! I should've hung around longer. :(

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

split this topic since it was getting off of the 1225 chase part quite a bit. took me a sec to figure out what about NS 9522, but looks like a few of us saw it...
PSK at CH45.2 saw it in Carleton:

I saw it with patrick in the way:

And patricks pic:
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Fostoria Depot

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

On the topic of Fostoria, what is the current status of the former B&O Amtrak depot there, since the Three Rivers stopped running on that line this past April? Is it open ever? Of course the platforms and such are in place, this line has seen on-again, off-again Amtrak service since Amtrak began. Just curious to know what's going on with it now.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

CSX took back control of it and is using it for the track maintainers

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

patrick wrote:CSX took back control of it and is using it for the track maintainers
yup, they do use it..not just for storage..but they do have a few computers inside and must do some reports and such there.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

fo-town amtrash station

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Just a side note but when the Broadway Limited started running on the B&O the middle part of the station was rebuilt for amtrak, The section to the left (which was the most recent station) had garage doors on it and was used for storage. When the Broadway was dropped of coarse the maintainers moved into the nice middle section, then when Three Rivers was extended to Chicago they rebuilt the current end. seems rather circular to me, this means that if another amtrak train some day calls upon Fostoia then they will rebuild the west end of the station and we start all over again.

BTW did anyone else ever notice that the platform load speakers are still up and wired together, I always wanted to try to hook my scanner up to these just for a lark. CSX may not like it much though.

Sousa