Run a real locomotive - Volunteer at SMRS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Robert MacDowell
Railroadfan...fan

Run a real locomotive - Volunteer at SMRS

Unread post by Robert MacDowell »

The Southern Michigan Railroad Society is looking for volunteers!

Especially if you want to be an engineer, conductor, brakeman or ticket agent, you don't want to miss the upcoming orientation and training. It's coming up this Saturday, March 23, at 9am.

It's not at the normal location. It's at the new and future site, at 301 W. Bartlett, Clinton, Michigan. Clinton is on US-12 west of Ypsilanti.

The Southern Michigan Railroad Society is a non-profit, all-volunteer operating railroad museum. It owns the New York Central Jackson Branch railroad. Now, with the large site, it has a chance to become one of the best railroad museums in the region. Imagine the possibilities! And yo'll have a chance to tour the facility.

Since it's a non-profit organization, all of your support goes directly to support the cause! Your membership, donations and mileage are also tax-deductible.

Cost is $7.00 to cover lunch and materials. You'll also want to be a Southern Michigan Railroad member, which is $25.00 for the entire year. (It's required to operate on the railroad due to insurance.)

Come on down, or for more information go to
http://www.southernmichiganrailroad.com/

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Run a real locomotive - Volunteer at SMRS

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Just a note for the SMRS webmaster....unless i missed it, how about an equipment roster/pics?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

bctrainfan wrote:Just a note for the SMRS webmaster....unless i missed it, how about an equipment roster/pics?
In the left column there is a link titled "Equipment." You must have missed it. :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Oh sure, they have it now, probably hurried up and added in after my post. Yeah, thats probably what happened, I am sure I wouldn't have missed something so obvious! :oops: Thanks for pointing it out, JT! :D

SMRSTM
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SMRSTM »

Darn---- You caught us bc, we are just that sneaky, crafty, heartless...ohh wait, I guess I am describing myself :twisted: lol

We will have updated, current, better pictures of the equipment up on the website and facebook as soon as our resident phototaker(s) get some new pics...
Lance Charter
AA MP 15.68

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsfben »

I hope the meeting went well today. I am very angry that I was unable to attend, I would have loved to see the new facility. I'll be out there volunteering this summer. I hope to see you guys out there, either volunteering :lol: , railfanning, or riding the train!