Save Our Trains Rally - August 22, 2009

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Save Our Trains Rally - August 22, 2009

Unread post by RailCanon »

To protest the proposed budget cuts for Amtrak's state-funded trains, the Blue Water and Pere Marquette, Save Our Trains Michigan is holding a rally at the East Lansing Amtrak Station on Saturday August 22, 2009. The rally will be begin at 7:30 AM and run until about 8:30 when the train departs. However, Save Our Trains Michigan officials will be on hand to talk or answer questions until at least 12:30 PM. Refreshments (hot coffee and Tim Hortons doughnuts) will be provided. Please come out and help us!!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Save Our Trains Rally - August 22, 2009

Unread post by AARR »

Good luck Gregg. Amtrak is an important transportation option for those with low incomes. I'd like to see it stay in business. I wish it could get out from government control but I don't think that's possible without losing signficant routes that people rely on.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

amtrakjackson
Deactivated

Unread post by amtrakjackson »

You might be surprised to see the demographics of Amtrak ridership- it's not a mode of transportation for those with low incomes, but a viable and sensible option for anyone who is tired of the headaches of traffic, exhorbitant parking fees, and gas prices. Take a look at the cars parked in the lot at a typical station. :) Not many junkers.

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Los Angeles celebrity and reality TV star Jesse James who's married to Sandra Bullock was on the Coast Starlight last Tuesday.
http://thecalifornian.com/article/20090 ... at+crashed
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

elliot98SS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by elliot98SS »

I have an acquaintance that does photography for the Kalamazoo Gazette. About 5 years ago there was a rally like this at the station here in town. He took photos of it for the paper. He said 5x the people showed up to support Amtrak compared to the the anti war or other political rally's he had seen around town. I have been wanting to go back to the Oldsmobile museum so I might go to the rally.

--Elliot
--Elliot
visit me on e bay, seller list wnovess99

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You might be surprised to see the demographics of Amtrak ridership- it's not a mode of transportation for those with low incomes, but a viable and sensible option for anyone who is tired of the headaches of traffic, exhorbitant parking fees, and gas prices. Take a look at the cars parked in the lot at a typical station. Not many junkers.
I didn't mean to give the impression that only people with low incomes ride Amtrak. Their ridership is diverse. If it weren't for Amtrak, people with lower incomes would have one less option for economical transportation.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Rally to Keep Train Service
http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... 8&nav=0RbQ
find video; Gregg Pullano is a video-in...
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Good Interview Gregg....

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Cool to see you on the news Gregg. Almost as good as you being on pointing at your "got trains?" shirt when with the Owosso crew at Jumbos :)

I WAS OUTRAGED :)

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Well, I really was. Read the news in California in June and I was so mad I yelled - my aunt can attest to that. It really made me angry knowing that the state I was in was in a worse financial situation than Michigan is and yet they they were subsidizing a larger and much better passenger system than we are now.
News 10 and the Lansing State Journal also came out to cover us, so we did our mission and got the word out there. Now the governor is going to really feel some heat at the HSR press conference in Jackson tomorrow.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Greg, You are The Man. We need more people to stand up and get involved as much as you do. Thank you.
Mark it Zero.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Just reading the articles and watching the news clip shows that people care about rail transportation. Now only if you can get the state government convinced, that will be the hard part. How was the turnout Gregg?

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Thats a awEsome screen shot there Z.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Did anyone else notice how Gregg's voice sounds excatly like Brittany Grey's voice when they cut over from her narrating to his 5 seconds of fame? :lol:

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

That should be Greggs avitar, awEsome

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

That was awesome greg! your the First RRFAN TV star!!! i Am correct in saying the wolverine services are not subsidized by the state?

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Very well spoken Gregg. Proud of you man.