Former Southern to St. Louis

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Former Southern to St. Louis

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

How many trains per day on average does this line see? If I recall correctly, this line is not signaled - is that correct? Anything noteworthy from a scenery perspective on the line (especially west of the Illinois/Indiana border)?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Re: Former Southern to St. Louis

Unread post by Y@ »

I may be wrong but I believe it is signaled for at least some distance west of Louisville.
Bottom text.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I've seen shots of the line from southern Indiana and they could easily be mistaken for being on the Rathole.

From the timetable I looked at, it's a mix of Rule 261 and 271, so there are some signals but it's not all CTC.

RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

Not %100 but I believe this line sees anywhere around 12-16 per day, maybe a little more. It's definitely a pretty line! I believe I recall seeing signals at Corydon Junction (New Salisbury Indiana) due to the interchange with Lucas Oil (formerly LNAC) railroad but my memory is a bit foggy right now, and I only stopped briefly to check it out on the way home last spring-so I wasn't there longer than 10 minutes or so.
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

It's operated by track authorities issued by the Decatur East Dispatcher. I'll get my rulebooks out later and post more info.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.