Rochelle Train Count

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Rochelle Train Count

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

What is the approximate number of trains per day for BNSF and UP through Rochelle?

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Rochelle Train Count

Unread post by JStryker722 »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:What is the approximate number of trains per day for BNSF and UP through Rochelle?
Changes from day to day but general concenus from all I've read on Rochelle is 80-120 or more a day.
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

It's enough to consider spending some time there.

BNSF's counts seem to be up these days too with the oil traffic. Lots of oil moving through Rochelle.

When I was there at the end of December the bulk of the BNSF traffic was oil, and with the rumored BNSF power shortage these days, you get to see some really cool things moving through town. :shock:
~ Charles W.

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BamaSubdivision94 »

MKT_fan11 wrote:It's enough to consider spending some time there.

BNSF's counts seem to be up these days too with the oil traffic. Lots of oil moving through Rochelle.

When I was there at the end of December the bulk of the BNSF traffic was oil, and with the rumored BNSF power shortage these days, you get to see some really cool things moving through town. :shock:
What cool things were those?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

BamaSubdivision94 wrote:
MKT_fan11 wrote:It's enough to consider spending some time there.

What cool things were those?
Mostly power from other roads and older power that's been pulled out of storage like

This next one is pretty much the norm on the NS system but in Rochelle it's different.

It's been a few months, but there were a lot of Warbonnets (or faux-bonnets) being pulled out of storage when I was out there (and which I was thinking of in my comment about really cool things). Something I didn't get to see myself, but have been following on the Illinirail email list, is the passage of NS' heritage units through Rochelle on the BNSF. Again, if you live along the NS and get to see the heritage units without putting a lot of effort into seeing them it's not going to be as cool (this isn't directed at you, BamaSubdivision), but when I'm used to seeing mostly CN red/black with some Grand Trunk blue thrown in, this is some pretty cool stuff.

Clear as mud?
~ Charles W.

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BamaSubdivision94 »

Nice pictures and wow, that's quite a pallette of paint schemes there. Had no idea that they retired the BN SD70MACs though; trying to remember the last time I've seen one up here.

Where I live, outside of 1 or 2 LSRC or HESR trains every few weeks/ months, I see nothing so I'd gladly take a flood of CN black and red with a twist of Grand Trunk blue! And the closest NS line is an estimated 2 hour drive away from where I live. That's why I want to move to Chicago so badly!

lakeshoredave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lakeshoredave »

is rochelle busier than fostoria?