Passing of a Chicago railfan..

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Passing of a Chicago railfan..

Unread post by redside20 »

Ken Lanovich, a well known Chicago railfan and horn enthusiast passed away of skin cancer over the weekend. For those of you including myself who were members of CN, Illinirails and FPON yahoo groups, he would post very matriculous and detailed reports of mostly eb CN trains coming out of places like Markham/Kirk Yards and off the J at Griffith Indiana for railfans in Michigan and Canada. I for one loved his posts, never met the man, but he will missed for sure.
RIP Ken

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,3179243
Exit stage left

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Passing of a Chicago railfan..

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I knew his name rang a bell when I read it and when you said he was on IlliniRails, that's when I remembered who he was. Sorry to hear of his passing, my condolences to his family and friends.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

Sorry to hear the news Ken was a longtime friend of mine. Spent many nights talking about the GTW and the latest news.

Tom

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

GTW wrote:Sorry to hear the news Ken was a longtime friend of mine. Spent many nights talking about the GTW and the latest news.

Tom
I'm hoping someone in the Chicago area can fill the void left by Ken and post GR8 CN reports among other things...But I think it's highly unlikely..
Exit stage left