Illinois Central E9's Purchased

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Illinois Central E9's Purchased

Unread post by MQT1223 »

This is probably old news, but I wanted to see what people thought about this. Iowa Pacific bought the ex. IC/CN E9's. I was wondering WHY? I thought they already had a set of E9's. I know they are only adding A units to the set of A's they got. I have no clue if Iowa Pacific has a B unit. Are they trying to do more then one train at a time or parts or what? Its tragic that they will most likely be repainted. Those E9's had one of the best paint schemes in my opinion and the best paint scheme ever used by the IC.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Illinois Central E9's Purchased

Unread post by Bulby »

While I have been advised not to comment on Iowa Pacific's E-unit fleet, I can say that with E units, if you can afford to buy, repair, and maintain them; the more the merrier.
Apparently I work on GEs now...

Matt Short Line H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Matt Short Line H »

Trains mag did a article on their fleet in the 2013 Locomtive Annual, and I think there roster now stands in the low 30's of cab units.
"You want to be original, you want to be yourself, and whether that's accepted or not accepted, that's not as important as being you" - Tyler Hubbard, Half of Duo Florida Georgia Line

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Matt Short Line H wrote:Trains mag did a article on their fleet in the 2013 Locomtive Annual, and I think there roster now stands in the low 30's of cab units.
Mind sharing that roster on here?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Here you go:

Locomotive 2013
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

railohio wrote:Here you go:

Locomotive 2013
Not exactly what I meant. Could you take the time to type out the physical roster if you have it?

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

MQT1223 wrote: Not exactly what I meant. Could you take the time to type out the physical roster if you have it?
Seeing as he works for Kalmbach, you want him to physically type out the entire contents of that book, thereby negating the need to be selling the book in the first place?

lolerskates

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:

Locomotive 2013
Not exactly what I meant. Could you take the time to type out the physical roster if you have it?

I have two fresh copies of that issue. I think I might throw them out today as they are cluttering up my bathroom.

But seeing as they've been in my bathroom reading pile for the past year, they probably aren't very "fresh" any more. :lol:

Edit: Nope, you can't have one. :P

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

railohio

Everybody wants something for nothing.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I apologize, I didn't realize the extent of the actual roster. They have THAT MANY cab units? Impressive, most impressive...

railohio

You're completely missing the point.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Locomotive 2013
That's the magazine format that was sold in bookstores and hobby shops, right? Is there still a current book with rosters for all of the roads in North America, and if not, is it something Kalmbach might publish in the future? Reason I ask is that
t I see Locomotive 2013 has 20 pages of rosters, but it would be nice to have a book of everything when I'm away from my data connection and can't look up the diesel roster website while on the road. A book seems to be the best way to keep some of that information handy (despite the obvious problems with dated information). My interest lies more with the older power than the brand new GEVO and EMDs, which I imagine something like Locomotive would be aimed at.
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I should just not say anything I guess.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote: A book
http://www.karensbooks.com/store/produc ... ctID=11169

I'm pretty sure that is one of the better roster books out there, I have seen some older at train shows but never picked one up (or have an older one somewhere at home, I cant remember) .. I think they can get pretty pricy buying new or used but I may be mistaken. Claims to have 910 railroad rosters in the 2013 addition.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MQT1223 wrote:

Locomotive 2013
I have a better idea for you. You could scour the Internet, compiling a list of units assuming you can find current information. Or better yet, you could call Iowa pacific and see if they will send you their roster.
The point that is missed is that it takes time and money to compile these things. The Magazine did the work and wants to be paid for it.

Simple solution: pay $10 for the issue, it's one of the better issues of recent (second only to the tunnel motor feature a few years back IMHO)
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

MQT1223 wrote:I should just not say anything I guess.
You should pay $9.95, it really isn't that expensive for the info or maybe join one of the various Yahoo groups devoted to locomotives and maybe somebody would be willing to share their information.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Time to throw out the two copies I have. Or I could sell them for $15 each. :twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Matt Short Line H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Matt Short Line H »

MQT1223 wrote:
Matt Short Line H wrote:Trains mag did a article on their fleet in the 2013 Locomtive Annual, and I think there roster now stands in the low 30's of cab units.
Mind sharing that roster on here?
Sorry for being a little late to the party but as you requested here is the IPH Streamlined Locomotive Roster as of Locomotive Annual 2013:

2013 Streamliners IPH
SNC 53 BL2
SNC 56 BL2
315 F7B
SLRG 515 E8A
SLRG 516 E8A
SLRG 518 E8A
SLRG 519 E8A
SLRG 520 E8A
SLRG 521 E8A
SLRG 807 E8A
SLRG 808 E8A
SLRG 1100 FP10
SC 1101 F9PH
SC 1102 F9PH
SLRG 1114 FP10
SLRG 2400 E9A
SLRG 2402 E9A
SLRG 4108 E9B
SLRG 6622 F9B
SLRG 9163 F7A
SLRG 9925 E9A
(BN) 9910 E9A
(BN) 9917 E9A
(BN) 9922 E9A
(BN) 9923 E9A

Negotiations 2013
4 Ex CB&Q/BN E's
2 FP9's
2 F7A's

2014 Additions
IC 100 E9A
IC 101 E9A

There may be easily many more...But these are what I have in front of me an what I know of
"You want to be original, you want to be yourself, and whether that's accepted or not accepted, that's not as important as being you" - Tyler Hubbard, Half of Duo Florida Georgia Line