IORY Washington Courthouse

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

IORY Washington Courthouse

Unread post by chapmaja »

Looking at the IORY map, The south end of the DT&I subdivision is in Washington Courthouse, Oh. The tracks at one time continued south by were removed under GT control in the 1980's.

Is the G&W line running NE/SW from Columbus to Cincy also operated by the IORY? The customers on the south end of WCH, on what appears to be the southernmost reamining section of the DT&I don't show up as customers on the DT&I subdivision section of the Railfan Wiki page for the IORY. Am I missing something or is this not part of the DT&I subdivision?

What train symbols run on the IORY in WCH? I don't see a yard in town, but it appears NW of town there is a small yard which could be used for servicing customers.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: IORY Washington Courthouse

Unread post by AARR »

chapmaja wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
Is the G&W line running NE/SW from Columbus to Cincy also operated by the IORY?
Is the G&W line running NE/SW from Columbus to Cincy also operated by the IORY? IORY's Midland Sub

The customers on the south end of WCH, on what appears to be the southernmost reamining section of the DT&I don't show up as customers on the DT&I subdivision section of the Railfan Wiki page for the IORY. Am I missing something or is this not part of the DT&I subdivision? Listed under Midland Sub Customers

What train symbols run on the IORY in WCH? I don't see a yard in town, but it appears NW of town there is a small yard which could be used for servicing customers. That is the old interchange between DT&I and ???. I forget the name of it :oops: . It is used by IORY for staging cars for local customers including the Bluegrass Farms intermodal terminal.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

AARR wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 pm
chapmaja wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
Is the G&W line running NE/SW from Columbus to Cincy also operated by the IORY?
Is the G&W line running NE/SW from Columbus to Cincy also operated by the IORY? IORY's Midland Sub

The customers on the south end of WCH, on what appears to be the southernmost reamining section of the DT&I don't show up as customers on the DT&I subdivision section of the Railfan Wiki page for the IORY. Am I missing something or is this not part of the DT&I subdivision? Listed under Midland Sub Customers

What train symbols run on the IORY in WCH? I don't see a yard in town, but it appears NW of town there is a small yard which could be used for servicing customers. That is the old interchange between DT&I and ???. I forget the name of it :oops: . It is used by IORY for staging cars for local customers including the Bluegrass Farms intermodal terminal.

The symbols for IORY in WCH are
IORY WCH-A
IORY WCH-B

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

The new current yard staging all the traffic is called Konrad. At the very west end of Konrad is where the two railroads used to meet was called Fayne. The old yard towards town was called the Handy Track and the other old yard with the Pennsy and the B&O is called Potter.
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:51 pm
The new current yard staging all the traffic is called Konrad. At the very west end of Konrad is where the two railroads used to meet was called Fayne. The old yard towards town was called the Handy Track and the other old yard with the Pennsy and the B&O is called Potter.
Thanks Redside. Fayne is what I was trying to think of.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

So the line between Columbus and Cincinnati is still used. Between Court House and Columbus the only “through traffic” so to speak is grain and Melvin Stone traffic. The IORY also serves the Cargill plant up in Bloomingburg. Between Court House and Cincinnati the I&O runs the Oakley Turn between Konrad (ex Fayne) north of town to Oakley and back where their base of operations are at Oakley / McCullough Yard. Between Court House and Tremont City just north of Springfield on the DT&I the Washington Court House-B Job runs where it meets the Lima South Local at Tremont and the crews sap trains and return to their respective originating terminals. The B-Job will sometimes pick up and set off at Springfield on their way to and from Tremont. While WCH is by no means a busy rail town, certain times a year when Melvin Stone, grain, Cargill and other freight traffic is moving it can get a little busy. There is a local crew based at Konrad that serves all the industries south of town and a crew in Blanchester that serves Wilmington and the customers out on the Greenfield Sub which is the old B&O to Parkersburg main via Midland City. Due to Procter & Gamble wanting their freight moving the B-Job and LSL are running 7 days a week as of the first of the year. AAR Ch. 74 and AAR Ch. 88 are the two frequencies to monitor between Diann, Michigan and Madeira, Ohio. South of Madeira is AAR Ch. 85 for all Cincinnati area IORY operations.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Rob81, Thank you for the operations information.
Rob81 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:06 pm
So the line between Columbus and Cincinnati is still used.

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

Rob81 wrote:
Due to Procter & Gamble wanting their freight moving the B-Job and LSL are running 7 days a week as of the first of the year.
Interesting, to whom is the P&G freight being interchanged with in Lima?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CF&E. P&G has a plant in Lima on their line that they shuttle about 10 cars a day, six days a week between their Cincinnati plant.
Erroneous Monk wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:40 am
Rob81 wrote:
Due to Procter & Gamble wanting their freight moving the B-Job and LSL are running 7 days a week as of the first of the year.
Interesting, to whom is the P&G freight being interchanged with in Lima?