RJ Corman/St. Mary's, New Bremen etc

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
jwilliam33
Railroadfan...fan

RJ Corman/St. Mary's, New Bremen etc

Unread post by jwilliam33 »

I've had several meetings this year in the New Bremen area and have explored a little bit of the RJ Corman line in the area. Unfortunately, I haven't caught any activity on this line. Can anyone give me some info on the customers on this line and when RJC typically operates?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: RJ Corman/St. Mary's, New Bremen etc

Unread post by AARR »

Wiki has good information: https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... Ohio_Lines

Scott Taipale has very good videos of RJ Corman's St. Mary's line: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8euDP ... RlSZNBkUIw

I thought they operated M-F but possibly that's only around the Lima area.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

jwilliam33
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jwilliam33 »

Thanks. Looked pretty sporatic from St. Marys south and based on the wiki list, there's no business down there. Its a shame that Crown in New Bremen doesn't use rail service on that line. I wonder how aggressive RJ Corman is at working to recruit new transload or rail business in general for these Western Ohio lines.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

jwilliam33 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:21 pm
Thanks. Looked pretty sporatic from St. Marys south and based on the wiki list, there's no business down there. Its a shame that Crown in New Bremen doesn't use rail service on that line. I wonder how aggressive RJ Corman is at working to recruit new transload or rail business in general for these Western Ohio lines.
Precision Strip and Kard Welding were the last customers on the WORA's Minster Branch, both in Minster. Not sure if Kard still uses rail?

Western Ohio Rail Authority owns the line from St. Marys to Minster. R.J. Corman is just the operator.