2019 Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Calendar

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
marion7200
Railroadfan...fan

2019 Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Calendar

Unread post by marion7200 »

2019 Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Calendars & 25th Annual Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Dinner-Auction

The 2019 Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park calendars are available for purchase.

The 2019 HCRHP Calendar includes Hanna Coal/ Consol Coal Tipples from the 1930’s thru 1970’s in Belmont, Harrison, & Jefferson Counties in Ohio. A must have for mining history and railroad history enthusiasts.

Includes tipples at the coal mine in Dillonvale, Ohio that was known as the Crow Hollow Mine No. 1, 2 and 3; the Dun Glen tipple; Willow Grove mine no 10; Glen Castle no 6; Hanna D no 11; Piney Fork no 1; Rose Valley mine; Egypt Valley and others.

Calendars are $13.00(includes shipping)

Mail orders to:

HCRHP
c/o PO Box 116
Holloway, OH 43985

Make checks payable to HCRHP

25th Annual Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Dinner-Auction

May 11, 2019
Sally Buffalo Park's Wallace Lodge
Cadiz, Ohio

Sally Buffalo Park can be entered at 100 College way or 43000 Industrial Park Road.

Doors open at 5pm. Dinner at 6:00pm. Followed by Speaker and auction. Auction starts around 8pm.

Tickets include buffet style dinner, drinks, and more. Tickets: $20.00 (Tickets will not be mailed and available for pick up at the door)

For information, or donate items for auction E-mail info@hcrhp.org. Visit www.hcrhp.org, www.coalpark.org, and www.facebook.com/HCRHP .

Mail reservations to :
HCRHP
c/o PO Box 116
Holloway, Ohio 43985

Make checks payable to HCRHP

Speaker Steve Hook, retired Central Ohio Coal Company engineer and current Morgan County, Ohio engineer.

Hook speaks about the life and times of the "Big Muskie" in the coal fields of southeast Ohio and the Central Ohio Coal Company. The Central Ohio Coal Company is famous for having Big Muskie the world's largest dragline ever built, having many dragline, shovels, and the Muskingum Electric Railroad.

Speaker Bio: Hook and his wife Michelle live in Morgan County, Ohio. Hook logged 33 years with AEP, virtually all of it at Central Ohio Coal Company, where he had stints as reclamation engineer, engineering superintendent and operations superintendent before his retirement. Has been Morgan County engineer since 2005 and is responsible for maintaining 342 miles of roads and 210 bridges in Morgan County, Ohio. "Even when I was working at the mine, I always thought that I'd like to be county engineer," he remembers. "Working at Central Ohio Coal Company was great training for being the county engineer," Hook said. "I was involved with the mine's haul roads and I dealt with state and federal agencies, Just like I'm doing today".