Headline article about CF&E/NS in Local paper

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Headline article about CF&E/NS in Local paper

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Today's local Van Wert newspaper the Times Bulletin [www.timesbulletin.com] has a top of the first page article about CF&E/NS. Pretty much goes on to say what most of us already know about up to 6 more EB trains a day. Article quotes at times CF&E President Chuck McBride at times. He tells that they want the rail line up to 40MPH. No mention of the Van Wert slow order. Naturally, doesn't tell what most of the assumed trains will be. LOL. Said they are leveling and aligning 50 track-miles and replacing segments of rail and installing more than 10,000 new ties. Article does go on to say the additional trains will be operated by NS which has rights to run on the line and they dispatch it already. Pretty old school on the computer, But I'll let one of you post a link to the article if you want. I don't know how much the article you will be able to read/ or be able to see. Posted outside of the CF&E thread figuring some of you may not read that thread/ or at least every day.

PW

60Tonner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Headline article about CF&E/NS in Local paper

Unread post by 60Tonner »

Read the Independent they tell what the cargo will be.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

It takes a true former Class 1 visionary like Chuck to see the value in the CFE even though 12 short months ago he couldn't get rid of it quick enough.....

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Gotta love the spin...

First, through traffic on the CF&E does nothing to promote local economic development directly. The only benefit to our region will be if communities recognize the line as an asset and not a liability. An upgraded line does help the cause, but, its now up to local stake holders to make things happen and not sit back and wait. This is not a Field of Dreams "if you build it, they will come" scenario. Yes, it does help, but...its not a guarantee.

Van Wert County has thrown their eggs into one "mega site" basket. This site, which has a nice long spur track off the CF&E up the former Cincy Northern is massive. They (Van Wert) are hoping to land the once in a life time prize of a massive manufacturing facility to employ thousands...and one that I'd not hold breath on right now.

CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Agree wholeheartedly! midland and CG Tower.

PW