NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:It's a grain elevator. A stands for Agricultural but they use it as a generic term. I don't recall the name of the company.
TC Man wrote:What is "the Ag"?
Ah, thanks AARR, I was puzzled there for awhile. So a grain elevator perhaps, and then a scrap dealer as another shipper on the line. Plus sounds like a stone transload.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I don't now about a scrap dealer but the have a packaging company (inbound paper) and chemical transload IIRC. The guys here know better than I.
TC Man wrote:
AARR wrote:It's a grain elevator. A stands for Agricultural but they use it as a generic term. I don't recall the name of the company.
TC Man wrote:What is "the Ag"?
Ah, thanks AARR, I was puzzled there for awhile. So a grain elevator perhaps, and then a scrap dealer as another shipper on the line. Plus sounds like a stone transload.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by scraphauler »

The Ag is Winchester Ag or WinAg. Grain elevator in Winchester OH. The scrap yard is Cohen Recycling in Macon OH, just outside of Winchester. The packaging company is Huhtamaki. They make Chinette Brand paper plates, plus cups, bowls, French fry cartons, etc., for dozens of fast food companies. Inbound paper board products, outbound scrap paper

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

CCET also has Mt Carmel Stabilization Group, Garick, Pavestone, Koppers, and Pilot Chemical, and do transloading at Macon. Plus store cars for TTX and a few leasing companies. Transload Facility under Construction on Round Bottom Road Road will specialize in unloading bulk stone and other flowable material. Hanson Aggregates will move their Clermont Distribution Facility to this site when done.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

The Peavine is really busy this summer. NS bringing many rock cars tankers, flat cars down to Clare Yard weekly. New Transloading development is starting to take shape in Newtown. This will be a rather busy little rail line here in the next few month plus the Ag will be getting busy as well with grain cars going west bound. :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I've tried to find the locations of their customers via satellite. I found Hanson, Winchester AG, Huhtamaki, Evans Landscaping (transload?), Pavestone (transload?) and Pilot (seems like they're on NS's line). I couldn't find Cohen Recycling, Global Partners or Koppers. I'm presuming Trinity is storage.

Can you assist me find the locations of Cohen Recycling, Global Partners and Koppers?

How do they get to serve Pilot which seems to be on NS?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Cohen is east of Cincinnati at a location called Macon US 32-US 62 crossroads. Originally was a place that got loads of lumber back in the '90s and built modular homes. They have a scrap place west of Macon on 32 around Sardinia.

Pilot should be the company they temporarily store cars for- once they are needed they get interchanged back to NS for final delivery. For reference that's basically how the "new" Rock Island has active customers down in Mississippi versus the miles of storage cars they have everywhere.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you midland

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

The Peavine will be receiving a new customer in the next two years as Nestle Purina Pet Care is going to construct a 550 million dollar state of the art pet food plant in Clermont County. The plant will be ready to go in 2023 and looking to hire 300 positions. The CCET will be pretty busy when this new plant becomes operational.

Currently the CCET has been very busy with the Ag, storage of cars and new customers on the line that goes out 78 miles from Clare Yard.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the update. Did the aggregate pit use rail service this year?
northstar16 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:49 pm
The Peavine will be receiving a new customer in the next two years as Nestle Purina Pet Care is going to construct a 550 million dollar state of the art pet food plant in Clermont County. The plant will be ready to go in 2023 and looking to hire 300 positions. The CCET will be pretty busy when this new plant becomes operational.

Currently the CCET has been very busy with the Ag, storage of cars and new customers on the line that goes out 78 miles from Clare Yard.

BigBob’sUsedCarLot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BigBob’sUsedCarLot »

That is huge news! Had no idea! Makes you wonder if NS would want to take the line back?
northstar16 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:49 pm

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

I'd not hold my breath when it comes to that planned new plant that's a few years out, if it actually comes and actually uses rail service.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

BigBob’sUsedCarLot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BigBob’sUsedCarLot »

If it comes is definitely a legit concern. Hopefully they begin pouring money into it now. If it does I believe they definitely use rail service. I’ve seen a couple of these and lots going in and lots going out. If all goes to plan this will be huge for the peavine!
TC Man wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 am
I'd not hold my breath when it comes to that planned new plant that's a few years out, if it actually comes and actually uses rail service.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Yes it appears from what I'm hearing that the NS is glad that Clermont County has landed this deal with Purina. This has been in the works for several months. They were looking at another sight but there was not rail line close to the property. Here the Peavine is right there and the CCET can put in a spur to the plant in the back. Purina would rather ship all product by rail than trucking it all in and out. I'm sure the CCET will work with them to find common ground on pricing. As Big Bob said this will be huge for the Peavine but they need to put many upgrades in as well. Some of the crossing are not working properly they may need to work on the tracks as well. Now with more stone being moved on the tracks that is going to cause issues with all the weight back and forth each day. Surely the CCET doesn't want to see any derail.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Tell me in your magic eight ball why said project won't go forward or use rail...

FYI just for the heck of it you can go to the Clermont County auditor office's website and see Purnia has already purchased the property for the plant at Half Acre Rd and Afton Dr. I guess you must know something different about it not happening so please share....

TC Man wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 am

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Yes the property has been purchased and it has been confirmed by many news sources. Purnia owns the property and they are ready to break ground soon. Midland Sub is correct. I don't see any press on the contrary that this project is not going forward. It has been in the works for over for several months. I talked to the NS crew today at Clare Yard. They are well aware of what is going on Purnia. When shipping begins in two year the Peavine is going to be very busy. Purnia will need shipments every day during the week. The CCET may have enough loot to get their powers painted LOL!

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Attachments
new customer.jpg

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Walking the dog today down at Clare Yard even did some fishing. Great Weather in November 72 down here today. Talked the NW crew today who was doing some work in the yard. They came down to my fishing spot. We talked about the Purina deal. They said in two more years Purina is going to make the CCET a ton of money this is what the CCET needed on the line. My buddy works for Clermont County said that council Members are pushing for another company to build up there. If that is a successful deal the CCET may get more business if they build on the line and they use rail. Either way you look at it the CCET is doing very well and has a bright future on the line.

My buddy Heypal has not been on here for a month or so. I best let him know what is going on. He may know already think he is on JawTooths Facebook page not sure why he doesn't post here anymore.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Did CCET get the aggregate business this year?