Marion Signal Suspension

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Marion Signal Suspension

Unread post by JoJames »

Look for traffic delays after 08:00 on 4/22 till 19:00 on 4/24. Both diamonds will become four way stops crossing the former ConRail.
Last edited by JoJames on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: Marion Signal Suspenion

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Is it safe to assume this means the N&W signals on the NS are going to be going offline and the new signals that have been installed for a year are coming online?

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

TrainWatcher wrote:Is it safe to assume this means the N&W signals on the NS are going to be going offline and the new signals that have been installed for a year are coming online?
Yes.

One advantage of the new NS set up is I'm pretty sure AC Marion will have ATCS.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Does CSX control the plant @ Marion (I seem to remember that the operators at AC were Conrail guys)? Wonder if they'll go the satellite/cell phone route like they have with other recent installations?
cbehr91 wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Is it safe to assume this means the N&W signals on the NS are going to be going offline and the new signals that have been installed for a year are coming online?
Yes.

One advantage of the new NS set up is I'm pretty sure AC Marion will have ATCS.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

MSchwiebert wrote:Does CSX control the plant @ Marion (I seem to remember that the operators at AC were Conrail guys)? Wonder if they'll go the satellite/cell phone route like they have with other recent installations?

+1 for correctness. Since it is a CSX plant it should go this way.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

StupidFlee​t wrote:
MSchwiebert wrote:Does CSX control the plant @ Marion (I seem to remember that the operators at AC were Conrail guys)? Wonder if they'll go the satellite/cell phone route like they have with other recent installations?

+1 for correctness. Since it is a CSX plant it should go this way.

I'm wrong and here's why.

75502080170202 is a new address there. According to PowellWye CSX is giving NS the data here and CP 138 in Columbus.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Re: Marion Signal Suspension

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Word is at least one of the N&W CPLs is going to the station to be preserved. With the Central Ohio RPM meet the past Thursday, Friday and Saturday there were a bunch of photos posted on the Marion Railfans Facebook group and it looks like all the "old" signals were removed with the exception of the eastbound NSs that were tarped but not removed.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

cbehr91 wrote:Word is at least one of the N&W CPLs is going to the station to be preserved. With the Central Ohio RPM meet the past Thursday, Friday and Saturday there were a bunch of photos posted on the Marion Railfans Facebook group and it looks like all the "old" signals were removed with the exception of the eastbound NSs that were tarped but not removed.
Not even remotly close, and I was there all weekend. They were hopeing to get one, but the person they needed to talk to, had not been contacted yet. The only signal that has left, was one CSX ex-NYC type G, that was loaded on a trailer on Thursday afternoon. All other signals are either standing and bagged (in the case of the NS) and the others (in the case of the CSX) laying on the ground, when I left at 18:00 last night.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I got the Facebook group wrong - it was The Ohio Railroader, not Marion Railfans. I re-looked at the photos that were posted and still don't see how I'm "not even remotely close". By saying "word is", I'm simply reporting what I read. Might be right, might be wrong.

Take a look for yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ohiorailroader/?fref=ts

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

cbehr91 wrote:With the Central Ohio RPM meet the past Thursday, Friday and Saturday there were a bunch of photos posted on the Marion Railfans Facebook group and it looks like all the "old" signals were removed with the exception of the eastbound NSs that were tarped but not removed.
Maybe you should reread what you wrote then? No where on any of the pages of the Ohio Railroader does it say they were all removed. In fact if you bothered to look at the photos inseted of just spewing off BS, you would see that NONE of the signals on the NS are down, all are still standing. But then again its hard to know what your talking about when your not there. Its like a lot of the posts on heratigeunits.com (not necessarly yours if you post), but lots of it should be here by now, or BS with out the facts. No actual reporting of what is atctually there, just guesses. And no where did I dispute that they were not getting a signal, just that the person they needed to talk too, had been not talked to yet. But that has become typical of this board over the past year, everyone that knows everything, but no one that actually knows something.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Oh and BTW I could have just said WRONG and gave ON explnation.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I still don't understand why you're getting so upset with me. Please reread my original post. You quoted me saying the total opposite of what you think I said (the key part being "with the exception of the eastbound NSs"). When I wrote that post there were no photos up of the westbound signals. So yes, if you read literally what I said, I guess I did suggest the westbound NS signal got removed. I'm not going to tell you how to behave on an internet discussion forum but you could have just as easily politely said the westbound signals were still standing too.

Remember too, this is a discussion forum, not a news site.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Matt is over reacting again. What a shock.
Bottom text.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Y@ wrote:Matt is over reacting again. What a shock.
With the turnover in seniority, you no longer need 30 years to be the 'crotchety old head' of railroad days gone by. Now you only need ~13 to 15. He's not alone in that mentality...

Practice Safe CSX

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Seems that so many of the guys who were overly enthusiastic railfans have now turned into rails who think they are better than any lowly railfan that knows nothing. A bit sickening.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Really? I was not mad until now, NOW im PISSED.

Lets look at this again, shall we, as its the last I will say on the subject, and we will see if you still cant figure it out.
cbehr91 wrote:Word is at least one of the N&W CPLs is going to the station to be preserved.
To witch I replied,
sd70accsxt700 wrote:They were hopeing to get one, but the person they needed to talk to, had not been contacted yet.
Not challanging this fact, just saying they no matter how much one wants to be preserved, they have not gotten permission YET to get one.
cbehr91 wrote:There were a bunch of photos posted on the Marion Railfans Facebook group and it looks like all the "old" signals were removed with the exception of the eastbound NSs that were tarped but not removed.
To witch I replied,
sd70accsxt700 wrote:The only signal that has left, was one CSX ex-NYC type G, that was loaded on a trailer on Thursday afternoon. All other signals are either standing and bagged (in the case of the NS) and the others (in the case of the CSX) laying on the ground, when I left at 18:00 last night.
No matter if the name of the group was wrong, it can not be found where anyone on the group had even said that. That was all you. ALL BS.

To that you say,
cbehr91 wrote:When I wrote that post there were no photos up of the westbound signals. So yes, if you read literally what I said, I guess I did suggest the westbound NS signal got removed.
But just a post before you said this'
cbehr91 wrote:There were a bunch of photos posted on the Marion Railfans Facebook group and it looks like all the "old" signals were removed with the exception of the eastbound NSs that were tarped but not removed.
So what was it, was THERE, or was there NOT photos posted when you made that statement? If there were, I stand by my statement what you posted was total BS as no where can I find that some one made a post on Facebook, that stated what you posted. IF then there was NO photos posted, again it = BS as you then were just blowing crap out the stack, with out even seeing it in person.

So then after I reported what had happened with a "live wittness" account, you still continue to make excuses for what you wrote wrong, leading to this.
cbehr91 wrote:I'm not going to tell you how to behave on an internet discussion forum but you could have just as easily politely said the westbound signals were still standing too.
Um yea thats what I did, I told you, you were wrong and then proceded to tell you why. How else would you have some one handle it? I did not come on and do any name calling, or calling you a stupid crap, or anything like that. And that brings me to my last point, this,
cbehr91 wrote:Remember too, this is a discussion forum, not a news site.
Ok then why did YOU bring it in as a news story? You came in and basicly said "This is what I can find on X subject" You did not come in and say "Heay has anyone heard about X,Y, & Z". You did not incite any disscussion by your post. And in no way did I bring it in as a news story, as I was the one starting the dissussion about what had happened.

Just man up as say you messed up, dont keep patronising, me by constantly making excuses for what you said. I came with the FACTS, no one else did.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

CSX_CO wrote:
With the turnover in seniority, you no longer need 30 years to be the 'crotchety old head' of railroad days gone by. Now you only need ~13 to 15. He's not alone in that mentality...

Practice Safe CSX
And ignorance is bliss.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

No diffrent then your thread on the CVSR Alcos, and no mattter how many times, people in the REAL know, told you, you still said we were wrong. Hum a little egg on the face is there? I just tire of the BS.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

MagnumForce wrote:Seems that so many of the guys who were overly enthusiastic railfans have now turned into rails who think they are better than any lowly railfan that knows nothing. A bit sickening.
So FACTS seen first hand, dont mean anything, if if seen by a "RAIL". Seams to me the "fans" seam to know it all, and therefore there is nothing left for them to lean, other then to tell all the rails that they are wrong.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Really? I was not mad until now, NOW im PISSED.

Lets look at this again, shall we, as its the last I will say on the subject, and we will see if you still cant figure it out.
cbehr91 wrote:Word is at least one of the N&W CPLs is going to the station to be preserved.
To witch I replied,
sd70accsxt700 wrote:They were hopeing to get one, but the person they needed to talk to, had not been contacted yet.
Just a point of order. "Is going", the way it was used, implies that a signal *could* be saved. That is the point you were making. Neither say it was a done deal. Now...if he said "one signal will be" that is a different animal altogether. Then your observation of contact not being made would contradict that statement.

Practice Safe CSX