Everything/Anything CF&E thread...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...

Unread post by midland sub »

The springs on the trucks of the Cargill hoppers look smashed down so I would say they are loaded. Thanks for sharing the videos. No one really seems to record the I&O- other than you in Lima. Keep sharing your stuff.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

You know alittlevanwerty, I believe the Cargill cars were on the loading track before. I believe CF&E swapped them around with the other set. At times they just leave them there until they want to tack them back to Lima. midland's right they do look like there loaded. :roll: See you taking videos of these trains is paying off. Even when were wrong we can as a group get it right in the end. :lol: Keep the videos comin'!

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

5/30/12. EB FWLI at 2:20PM through Van Wert. In charge were CSX 7872/8354 with 85 cars. 7872-c40-8w/8354-sd40-2-exCRR 3020. The train had 33 box cars: TTX, CRLE, MEC, Pan Am, CN, 21 Cargill salt hoppers:CLSX and CGCX, 17 grain cars: BNSF, AEX, CSYX, 7 loaded steel flats from SDI, 5 loaded gons, 1 UP coal hopper and 1 Procor plastics hopper.

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:1 UP coal hopper
What do you suppose this is from/for?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

What days does the job to Chicago run??

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

More than likely that UP coal hopper is heading to the I&O in Lima. The car repair shop on the CIND has been doing work on a group of former UP coal hoppers. New owners for the cars is having some work done there, not 100% but I believe they will end up in some sort of DJJX family reporting marks and end up in the scrap hauling business.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Great job alittlevanwerty! Love those videos. Here lately we've been seeing quite a bit of CSX power. Even saw a big CSX six axle switching CF&E's Cole St. yard early last week. It had quite a string of cars it was assembling. Thanks for taking the time on all your videos. 8)

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:Great job alittlevanwerty! Love those videos. Thanks for taking the time on all your videos. 8)
Ditto!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Well I fanned Lima again this morning. I caught CFE 3886 and Corp 4024 taking 80-100 cars across the diamond eastbound. They stopped east of the I&O and possibly dropped the train for interchange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AI_ypmKAg4

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Also yesterday's FWLI was still (as of 2:00pm) on the main just east of Greenlawn ave in Elida or American twp. Getting a bit chocked up over there. IORY 4034 and another CFE engine were switching the yard all morning.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Good catch! That ARMN reefer is just like the two I saw awhile back on a NB LSL on the I&O. Does anybody know where those reefers go/come from? More good videos. :)

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Well I fanned Lima again this morning. I caught CFE 3886 and Corp 4024 taking 80-100 cars across the diamond eastbound. They stopped east of the I&O and possibly dropped the train for interchange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AI_ypmKAg4
I love the clang going over the diamond :) I also enjoy being close enough to feell like Im there but far enough away to see what the cars and roadnames are.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The CLSX cars are all former Cargill salt service cars going into storage somewhere on the I&O, which seemed to be 60% of that train. New focus is store as many cars as they can.....

The ARMN reefers should be going to Urbana on the I&O's Urbana Sub. They unload them at a warehouse on the old PRR Bradford main to Logansport. It's trucked to the Gordon Food Services warehouse in Springfield. We discussed it on the I&O thread maybe a month ago. GFS might end up moving it to NS as there's a warehouse track right next to their Springfield warehouse.

I see there's one of the Valero corn shuttles sets in the mix too. Interesting to see everything that moves over the CFE.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

A long CFE/CSX grain train ran west bound through Van Wert about 1:15 pm today, I caught them in Convoy. 2 CSX GE 6 axles and an ex-up CREX leaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYX7j05Ex4

Most likely the last CFE video I will get before I return from my honeymoon.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Yes they do some rockin' and rollin' through Convoy. Thanks for the video and also your Youtube videos. I especially like the CF&E and I&O vids and of course RJ Corman. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Enjoy it. :D

PW

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I think I saw that very train today heading down the C&O south of Columbus. Have a great honeymoon!

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

6/4/12. EB grain train with the train alittlevanwerty videoed going WB through Convoy last week. Same CSX units plus the exUP now CREX C40-8W and the CSX grain cars. Went through Van Wert around 7PM.

The LIVW was in town yesterday also. It took 2 plastics hoppers to CSP and also worked the Scott Equity. Had CFE 3886 and CORP 4024 for power and left town back to Lima with around 14 grain cars that are the other set for Lima? Still 17 Cargill grain cars and 2 HMBX mixed in with them at the elevator. They are on the loading track. Some more corn for Valero it looks like.

Still quite a few soda ash hoppers at the VW Terminal.

PW