Unusual Traffic on CSX Short Line

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
RichK
Railroadfan...fan

Unusual Traffic on CSX Short Line

Unread post by RichK »

For the last several days I've been hearing that CSX train D762 has been running on the Cleveland Short Line Sub. Today I saw it for myself, westbound thru Berea. Local trains do not usually run on the main line here.

Any idea of why this train is following this routing? I think it is normally seen on the old CL&W or maybe the New Castle Sub, but I'm not certain.

cr7535
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Unusual Traffic on CSX Short Line

Unread post by cr7535 »

With the congestion issues in and around Collinwood, they made a few changes. There were too many trains working in Collinwood, and the Short Line is frequently a Parking lot. This is partially why the Q195/196 were started accross Michigan, and why Q263 was added as a Selkirk to Salem train.

D752 (not 762) is profiled daily from Willard to Collinwood and return, working Parma on the eastbound run. The Parmas were previously on Q364 out of Indy, but with the bulk of the traffic out of Salem and St. Louis now wouted to Willard and Q332, some of the Parma traffic now flows through Willard. The Collinwood traffic was formely on Q378. Although profiled daily, it hasn't actually been running every day, and it has nothing to do with the B&O side or Clark Avenue traffic.

Q378 and Q366 are no longer profiled to setoff in Collinwood.
Q377 has the Cleveland traffic (most of which becomes Q641) and Avons
Q263 has the Salems and picks up the Auto parts in Buffalo and works at Parma.

RichK
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Unusual Traffic on CSX Short Line

Unread post by RichK »

Thanks for the detailed info! A fresh train on the Short Line is a welcome sight.

I corrected the train symbol to D752 in my notes and at railpictures.net.