The TLE&W

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Y@
Ass. Janitor

The TLE&W

Unread post by Y@ »

Been past the site in Grand Rapids many times, but only now realized I should photograph some of the stuff.

Interesting group of machines here: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 78&nseq=13

Inside the cab of their dead 0-6-0.

The old interurban bridge in Waterville. Nothing to do with the TLE&W, but still interesting. Been rotting since the 60's, it was used as a highway bridge after the interurban went bust.

There's also some cool stuff on the north side of the river bridge, but you have to go back in the dead of winter since everything is overgrown with weeds and trees.
Bottom text.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: The TLE&W

Unread post by conrailfan »

We have got the whitcom to move back and fourth. We have a little bit of work left before the FRA comes out and does an inspection.
I still dont know who put HI on the steam engine :D

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

conrailfan wrote:We have got the whitcom to move back and fourth. We have a little bit of work left before the FRA comes out and does an inspection.
Good! I'd like to see them be able to run the Bluebird from the south side of the bridge all the way to Waterville.
I still dont know who put HI on the steam engine :D
Obviously some idiot..
Bottom text.

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by F40PH Fan »

:D Nice pictures! Glad to see some people taking pictures of the TLE&W! Nice shot of our 0-6-0 :D

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

Y@ wrote:Good! I'd like to see them be able to run the Bluebird from the south side of the bridge all the way to Waterville.
Is the washed out portion just north of the bridge fixed? Last I heard they didn't think they were gonna be able to it anytime soon.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

the washout is not fixed. Wedidnt run this year because of bad track. Getting our track from waterville to 8 miles west is our main priority now.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

What's up with you guys cutting up the blue coach on the north side?

Bottom text.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

This coach is our crappiest coach since we have owned it and they made a decision to scrap it.
Last edited by conrailfan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I figured you guys used it as a parts source. Is that true, or was it worthless?
Bottom text.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Im hearing rummors that we could have fixedi but the steaps were hanging on by a thread and it would be more work than what its worth.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Gotcha. You got any more info on some of the other assorted junk sitting around over there? Like that old PRR heavyweight back in the weeds on the north side?
Bottom text.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

f40ph fan can tell you more history about that coach. All I know is its privately owned by 2 of our members and they want to restore it.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

conrailfan wrote:f40ph fan can tell you more history about that coach. All I know is its privately owned by 2 of our members and they want to restore it.
Good luck with that...there's trees growing through it! :lol:
Bottom text.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

A lot of that junk needs to be scrapped or traded. It does absolutely no good rusting on a siding for decades.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

Y@ wrote:Gotcha. You got any more info on some of the other assorted junk sitting around over there? Like that old PRR heavyweight back in the weeds on the north side?
Some info about that ex-PRR heavyweight. It was used as a test car of some sort a long time back. As conrailfan said two members own it and want to restore it. It is in VERY bad shape and In my opnion should be scraped. Now about the 2 engines over their they are Alco S4's and I belive an S2 or S3. The black one (9752) is an ex-Penn Central engine. The Blue one (112) last worked for a chemical company and I belive used to be set up for loco-control remote operations. Both are used for parts on our Alco S4 #5109. At this time the TLE&W has no plans to scrap any more equipment for now.. The coach #405 which was being cut up was in very bad shape. Vandles ripped out lighting fixtures in it and broke out windows. They also decided to tag it with graffite. The steps were rusting off and I belive the roof had much damage to it. It was a good move for us in my opnion. I don't have much info about the 2 cabooses but, the wooden one is in very bad shape. The steel one can be restored but, I don't know when/if it will be.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

railohio wrote:A lot of that junk needs to be scrapped or traded. It does absolutely no good rusting on a siding for decades.
I know. People are agnst scrapping but some of the stuff is beyond saving.Im agnst scrapping everything then you really cant call us a historic railroad.
Last edited by conrailfan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

conrailfan wrote:
railohio wrote:A lot of that junk needs to be scrapped or traded. It does absolutely no good rusting on a siding for decades.
I know. People are agnst scrapping but some of the stuff is beyond scrapping.
I don't agree with that 100% It does depend on what you are talking about scraping. I would like to work on restoring that steel caboose. Are you interested in helping? :)

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I say leave it all there. Don't junk any of it. But for the love of God, get that freakin' line rebuilt and start running the Bluebird from the south side of the Maumee all the way to Waterville!
Bottom text.

caboose9
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by caboose9 »

Hi,

At one time there were 6 cabooses listed for the TLE&W in Grand Rapids, OH:

I believe that the 2 that are returning to nature in what is now a jungle are:

Wood, cupola, C&O 90864 and steel, cupola C&O 903667.

Two that I still list as GR are:

Steel, bay window, NKP 466/N&W 557566 and steel, cupola, PRR 477600/PC/CR 19189.

Two that were there but might/should be gone are/were:

Steel, transfer, GTW 75057, reported to be for sale and steel, streamlined cupola, PRR 477883, reported to be going to Decatur, AL, but it has never been reported in Alabama or elsewhere?

The 2 cabooses I list in Waterville, OH, are:

Steel, transfer, GTW 75053 and steel, bay window, NKP 475/N&W 557575/TLEW 475.

An update on the status of these 8 crummies would be appreciated!

Thanks, Roger
S. Roger Kirkpatrick, 731 6th St., Marietta, OH 45750

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Y@ wrote:I say leave it all there. Don't junk any of it. But for the love of God, get that freakin' line rebuilt and start running the Bluebird from the south side of the Maumee all the way to Waterville!

They only own up to Dutch Road on the north side of Waterville. NS owns it the rest of the way in.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken