Above Fostoria

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MDH
rp.net addict

Above Fostoria

Unread post by MDH »

This last week I took the family on a vacation to Clearwater Beach in Florida (my wife has family down there) and thanks to a super-cheap Allegiant Air flight Toledo - St Pete & back direct I got this view of Fostoria this morning on the early AM return flight. The images aren't great (shot through the crappy window into the sun) but thought they may be of interest anyway. This first one is an overview of the greater Fostoria metropolitan area ( :lol: ) with the "iron triangle" in the upper right of the picture:

This second shot is a crop from a second frame of the "iron triangle" area with the sun glinting off the rails:

We came in over Perrysburg and were a little too far South for good views of Walbridge, Stanley or Toledo (although could see Bass Pro clearly) but as we came lower over South Toledo I got this shot of the elevator served by NS between MP 294 & 295:

We followed the NS Chicago line to the airport, but no trains running at the time for me to try to catch... :cry:

Still - neat to see part of my "home area" from the air today... :)

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: Above Fostoria

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I wonder if we seen you today. Was out on the NS at Swanton all morning, into the afternoon. :lol:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Those are nice pics!!!
Would be fun to railfan Ftown in a plane sometime! To bad homeland security would prolly be called in sometime. :(
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Wow Michael, very nice!
Bottom text.

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

Great pictures, the first picture you can see the Tiffin Rd. overpass, the Amtrak Depot, and the Country Club Inn (where I stay in Fostoria) Great shot

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Whoa that's very high above :shock: , but very nice shots. :)
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."