Henry County Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Henry County Railroad

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

The Henry County Railroad was formed in the late 1970s by local shippers to keep part of the former N&W Delphos District (NKP Clover Leaf) between Grelton, Ohio and Continental, Ohio. The grain elevators and other small industries along this line wanted to preserve their rail service and were inspired by the startups in Michigan and other states. The HENC accquired former DT&I GP7s 950 and 951 at startup. The first few years of operation were hard but after the DT&I was merged into the GTW in the early 1980's an opporuntiuy came up to accquire the DT&I branch to Napoleon and Wauseon, which included the lucrative Campbell Soup traffic at Napoleon. With the additional business, things were turning around for the HENC and additonal revenue came in to increase track maintenance and accquire additonal power. DT&I GP9s 982, 986, and 989 joined the mix. The headquarters and base of operations is at Malinta, Ohio, just about the halfway point between Wauseon and Continental. Interchanges include CR/NS at Wauseon, IHRC/MAW/NDW at Napoleon, DTI/GTW/IORY at Malinta, B&O/CSX at Holgate, and NS at Continental. A variety of small shippers, grain elevators, and Campbell's Soup make up the traffic base, and with 4 interchange points, cars can move all over the North American rail network. In the modern era, the HENC accquired 2 SD38s from the Reading and Northern, which were ex-DT&I 253 and 254. Paint scheme is similar to the Ann Arbor GP35 roster, with "HENRY COUNTY" on the sides.

System map is here http://goo.gl/vDLRg8
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Henry County Railroad

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Can't see the system map: you have it set to private.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'm proud of you StupidFleet
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

~Z~ wrote:Can't see the system map: you have it set to private.

should be fixed now
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken