Amtrak Train Location Updates 2020

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Amtrak Train Location Updates 2020

Unread post by PerRock »

Manistique wrote:Train 351 was about a half hour late passing by my house at MP 22.5 on CN's Holly Sub this morning, going very slow.

Train 353 was about 50 minutes late out of Pontiac passing the house at speed. But it had a P42 leading a Charger on the head end, elephant style and no locomotive on the rear. Maybe something from the delay last night? Or problems with the Charger? Or both? My guess is that the P-42 was on the tail end and they had to take it off, wye it in Pontiac, and put it on front and that was part of the delay this morning. Plus the cold weather.
Last winter there were issues with the exhaust cleaning that kept freezing; I wonder if they've not quite gotten it sorted out yet.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Manistique »

Train 353 this morning out of Pontiac had a P42 leading a Charger elephant-style on the head end again. No power on the rear.

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

Anyone know why 354 and 364 were over 4 hrs late on Sunday the 19th?
Andy0k

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak 353 had three locomotives on it out of Pontiac just now. 58 was leading a Charger on the headend and 63 was on the rear. Not sure what is up other than maybe Charger problem? Two of the three Wolverine trainsets have been running with six cars instead of the usual five since Christmas.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

58 backing into Pontiac Station
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:58 backing into Pontiac Station

353 had two P42's today, one on each end. No Chargers today. Left Pontiac on time.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Amtrak 22 the Northbound Texas Eagle has:

P42 161
Transistion Sleeper
Superliner Sleeping car
Superliner Diner
Superliner sightseer lounge
2 Superliner Coaches (3 after St. Louis).

Just departed Longview Texas late about 30 minutes.

Edit to add:

Another superliner coach was added in St Louis.
Amtrak 22 arrived early into St Louis but left 38 minutes late. Oncoming operating crew needed additional rest prior to departure due to a late arrival last night.

Edit to add:

22 met 303 at the platform in Bloomington/Normal IL.
22 went in the hole for 301 at milepost 198 (I have no Idea what the name of the subdivision is here)
There was a single single level trainset on the opposite platform at St. Louis with a Charger on the point. 303 had a Charger as well.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Amtrak 364 had a Charger on the point, 6 single level coaches (Horizons & Amfleets), and a P42 shoving from behind. I didn't get any specific numbers. Sorry. Departed CUS on the advertised. Made Porter 48 minutes later and was early to the first three station stops. Lost a few minutes in Dowagiac at the platform and few more minutes at CP Gord in Battle Creek waiting to get onto the CN Corridor through Battle Creek. Arrived about 10 minutes late into Battle Creek where I got off.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak 351 out of Pontiac this morning only had one locomotive, a P42.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak website says "service disruption" for 350 when I checked its status just now.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4615 and 4625 at Pontiac Station
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4605 and 4622 staged south of Pontiac Station

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4605 and 46?? moving from staging track to Pontiac station

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

AARR wrote:4605 and 46?? moving from staging track to Pontiac station
4622 and 4605 on Amtrak train# 353 that left Pontiac, MI this morning.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak 353 had two P42's today as power, 62 pulling and 61 pushing. Five cars, mostly metroliners.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4627 and 61 with their consist on the Pontiac Staging track south of Pontiac Station

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4627 and 61 on the staging track south of Pontiac Station

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Amtrak #351 west nearing Niles, approx 104mph, 9:54am. Very few people on board... car I'm in only has 5 people in it.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

4602 and 4620 heading into Pontiac Station. Lots of empty seats in the passenger cars.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

An Amtrak train set just drifted NB past MP 22.5 on the Holly (just south of Pontiac) at 7:20 am. Not sure why as 352 arrived at Pontiac last night on time. Amtrak's website said this morning's train out of Pontiac (351) has not run due to a service disruption. I thought I heard it go by on time too. So don't know if this is a replacement train set from Chicago or if 351 started out and didn't make it to Troy, its first stop and is going back to Pontiac.