CN Updates-June 2019

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Q14891 @Valpo CN 3200 CEFX 1024
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:18 pm

L50131 26 @Port Huron BCOL 4607 CN 8881
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby MtClemensRailFan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Conrail1- wrote:M38461 26 @Avery CN 2233 CN 2598 CN 2511


Through New Haven at 19:38 with 152 cars. Moving a little slower than usual.
MtClemensRailFan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 pm
Location: Romeo, MI

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 pm

D71361 26 @Belsay leading engine CSXT 5366
L53361 26 @Lapeer leading engine GTW 4929
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 am

116 stopped at Durand - waiting for 391 to exit the Holly Subdivision.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:41 am

Conrail1- wrote:L50131 26 @Port Huron BCOL 4607 CN 8881


Departing from Flint at 0040.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby GTW6401 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:53 am

148 is approaching Flint, straight thru to Port Huron.

394 is ahead of 148, and was meeting 149 at East Flint.

116 is departing from Pontiac.
GTW6401
how bout no
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby KC8RBK » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:26 am

149 by 205 at 0620. Short train. 2 cn, trailing unit was a cowl
KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Charlotte, Mi

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am

M39731 26 @ Sabrina CN 2884 CN 3874 Heading west.
L50531 27 & Emmett CN 2312 CN 5780 Heading west.
M39931 26 @ Flint CN 3152 CN 3229 Heading west.
M39161 26 @ pavilion CN 3022 CN 3852 Heading west
Q14921 26 @ Charlotte CN 8804 CN 2454 Heading west
Q18961 26 @ Wayne CN 2999 CN 2872 Heading west
M39891 27 @ Spring lake CN 5712 CN 8814 IC 2719 heading East
E28091 27 just left Chicago BNSF 7004 BNSF 1061 going to Flatrock
M38331 26 @ Avery CN 2851 CN 2830
M38261 26 @ Warner CN 3096 CN 3064
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:54 am

E29671 25 going to heading east to Flatrock, has UP 6147, lone engine. On the South bend sub.
M39671 26 is right behind the E296, CN 2839 CN 2930.
Last edited by Conrail1- on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 am

Train 515 with GT 4912 went SB past MP 22.5 at 9:30 am.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby blueheron13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:28 am

Conrail1- wrote:D71361 26 @Belsay leading engine CSXT 5366
L53361 26 @Lapeer leading engine GTW 4929


Now that L533 is the Mt. Clemens Sub local, what was it doing out at Lapeer? Was it interchanging with the Lapeer Industrial Railroad (some train needs to do this now that L504 is abolished)?

And what is D713? Never heard of that symbol before. The CSX turn from Flint to Port Huron and back is D711, unless something has changed recently. But that train runs during the day anyway (unless something has changed recently).
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: All over Southeast Michigan

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:37 pm

blueheron13 wrote:
Conrail1- wrote:D71361 26 @Belsay leading engine CSXT 5366
L53361 26 @Lapeer leading engine GTW 4929


Now that L533 is the Mt. Clemens Sub local, what was it doing out at Lapeer? Was it interchanging with the Lapeer Industrial Railroad (some train needs to do this now that L504 is abolished)?

And what is D713? Never heard of that symbol before. The CSX turn from Flint to Port Huron and back is D711, unless something has changed recently. But that train runs during the day anyway (unless something has changed recently).

It looks from what I see that L533 got done early with work in Mt. Clemens, got back to Port Huron around 18:30, then head out to Lapeer for some work, and I believe you are correct about working with Lapeer industrial.

D713 is the CSX train from Port Huron to Flint, I need to look into as to the symbol change.
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby blueheron13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Conrail1- wrote:
blueheron13 wrote:
Conrail1- wrote:D71361 26 @Belsay leading engine CSXT 5366
L53361 26 @Lapeer leading engine GTW 4929


Now that L533 is the Mt. Clemens Sub local, what was it doing out at Lapeer? Was it interchanging with the Lapeer Industrial Railroad (some train needs to do this now that L504 is abolished)?

And what is D713? Never heard of that symbol before. The CSX turn from Flint to Port Huron and back is D711, unless something has changed recently. But that train runs during the day anyway (unless something has changed recently).

It looks from what I see that L533 got done early with work in Mt. Clemens, got back to Port Huron around 18:30, then head out to Lapeer for some work, and I believe you are correct about working with Lapeer industrial.

D713 is the CSX train from Port Huron to Flint, I need to look into as to the symbol change.


Thanks for the info!
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: All over Southeast Michigan

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm

M37161 27 @Milw. Jct. CN 5421 CN 2039
E28091 27 @Lansing BNSF 7004 BNSF 1061
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Conrail1- wrote:M37161 27 @Milw. Jct. CN 5421 CN 2039
E28091 27 @Lansing BNSF 7004 BNSF 1061


Train 371 is passing MP 22.5 at 4:29 pm. Must have got hung up at Milwaukee Jct as it took over two hours to get here per the above report.

Returning 515 is NB past MP 22.5 at 4:52 pm with 4912 really smoking it up bringing its train up the Hill at 40 mph.

And that 280 is flying SB past MP 22.5 at 5:20 pm with the two BNSF units.

Something followed Amtrak 355 down the Hill out of Pontiac at 5:50 pm. Maybe lite engined 513? Amtrak 355 had two Chargers again today. The other day it had one with a P42.

Train 514 just went SB at 6:08 with a longer than usual container train.
Last edited by Manistique on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Q11691 27 @Chicago Heights CN 2305 CN 2188
E280 @Clarkston
L514 &South Holly
M384 @Ecorse
M385 @Chesterfield
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Conrail1- » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:50 pm

M38461 27 CN3094 CN 2834 @South Haven
E29671 27 UP 6147 @Gaines
M39491 27 CN 3852 CN 3022 @South Bend
Q116 @ Haskell
Q148 @ VALPO CN 2454 CN 8804
L50131 27 @ CAPAC CN 8809 CN 2255
M38331 27 @BAYVIEW CN 2233 CN 8857 and 84th in the consist DPU CN 8832
M39161 27 @CHAPMAN CN 5631 not sure on rest of consist at this time
M39891 27 @ FLINT CN 5712 CN 8814 IC 2719 heading East
iif-Incident Injury Free
Conrail1-
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am
Location: Detroit Mi.

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby blueheron13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Conrail1- wrote:M38461 27 CN3094 CN 2834 @South Haven
E29671 27 UP 6147 @Gaines
M39491 27 CN 3852 CN 3022 @South Bend
Q116 @ Haskell
Q148 @ VALPO CN 2454 CN 8804
L50131 27 @ CAPAC CN 8809 CN 2255
M38331 27 @BAYVIEW CN 2233 CN 8857 and 84th in the consist DPU CN 8832
M39161 27 @CHAPMAN CN 5631 not sure on rest of consist at this time
M39891 27 @ FLINT CN 5712 CN 8814 IC 2719 heading East


On ATCS, I'm seeing what looks like a local (or road switcher) train on the south end of the Shoreline Sub at Greenings. They may be using the siding there to run around their train and, if they do what I saw them do on a weekday evening a few months ago, will back down the lead toward the Monroe DTE plant to do work around the Port of Monroe. Any idea what train this is? I thought I heard a 903 symbol used a few months ago but am not certain.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.
blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: All over Southeast Michigan

Re: CN Updates-June 2019

Unread postby Manistique » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:42 pm

That 513 from around 6 pm just returned heading back to Pontiac with about a dozen cars and 5456 as power at 8:42 pm.

And at 9:48 pm returning 514 with 5459 and 5844 are working hard with their long NB container train passing MP 22.5. Next up should be 391. Amtrak 352 was on time tonight for the first time in awhile.
Manistique
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

x