CSX Train Location Updates: 4/8/14.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: UP 1989 Rio Grande

Unread post by iKJames »

AARR wrote:
iKJames wrote:
KenB wrote:Should leave toninght (4/08/'14) on CSXT Q131. Gets to Delray Interlocking in Detroit, MI around 2000. Will be in the lead.
What's the source for it leading? Last I understood it should be trailing, as is typical with UP power on that train. Unless due to it's the 2 locos being back-to-back?
KenB's info is usually very reliable
Not doubting the info, but hearing from others it's suppose to trail. Wondering if the power of the return train (Q131) is different when the locos are facing back-to-back instead of elephant style, as typical?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Re: Q131 with UP 1989?

Unread post by Y@ »

Gone are the days of actually making an effort to get a good catch... Now is the time of the lazy railfan.

If you wanna see it, go try to find it.

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: 4/8/14.

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

Well, I caught Amtrak 145 on 29, the exhibit consist on 49, and that CP DME NS lash up (didn't expect any of this) Scanner batteries died by the time the Q32608 rolled through Porter so I had myself scratching my head when it diverged onto the Grand Rapids Sub. One hell of a 326 right there.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Power on inbound Q132 was back to back so unless the 1989 doesn't have a radio or seats it should be the leader on outbound Q131 tonight

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Re: UP 1989 Rio Grande

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

AARR wrote:
iKJames wrote:
KenB wrote:Should leave toninght (4/08/'14) on CSXT Q131. Gets to Delray Interlocking in Detroit, MI around 2000. Will be in the lead.
What's the source for it leading? Last I understood it should be trailing, as is typical with UP power on that train. Unless due to it's the 2 locos being back-to-back?
KenB's info is usually very reliable

It is not leading. In fact, its buried in a 5 unit lashup. Currently at Carleton.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Fred wrote:Power on inbound Q132 was back to back so unless the 1989 doesn't have a radio or seats it should be the leader on outbound Q131 tonight
That usually doesn't matter. Power leading Q132 up, usually leads Q131 back. Unless there is some sort of problem. Almost every consist I've seen go up there, comes back the same way.

Practice Safe CSX