NKP 765 to CVSR

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
MDH
rp.net addict

Re: NKP 765 to CVSR

Unread post by MDH »

chapmaja wrote:I even have a picture taken from on top of the Argo Dam that looks like 765 is crossing the Huron River Bridge in Ann Arbor without assistance.
Hah! I photoshopped myself a version of that! :wink: :lol:

Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Good, I hate when my comments are perceived one way when they are not intended...there is simply no way to really communicate effectively on here at times..its all good. To that end, I hope to get trackside tomorrow with our 11 year old to see the old girl go by.

Eric at CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

RichK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RichK »

I guess that one advantage to being an old guy like me is that I got to see steam power in revenue service, often pulling coal loads as a kid in Pennsylvania many times.

My dad worked for the PRR and we used to take the train for free from my home town to Pittsburgh to watch the Pirates play at old Forbes Field. I remember passing a yard somewhere along the line in the early 60's and seeing steam locomotives being cut up for scrap.

Enjoy it guys. It is a sight to see no matter how you see it!

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

like everything else i will miss the passing of NKP 765 tomorrow....i am mildy disappointed to say the least
Exit stage left

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

redside20 wrote:like everything else i will miss the passing of NKP 765 tomorrow....i am mildy disappointed to say the least
Hey, I lived in Columbus for 2 years. Railfanning was basically non-existent. The only foaming I did down there was the foam at the top of a nice cold one at the bar :D
Brett

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Here Comes the NKP 765!

If it was a secret, it isn't now...this is from the Fostoria Chamber of Commerce.

The NKP 765 is Coming!
Fostoria Chamber
of Commerce
121 North Main Street
Fostoria, Ohio 44830
(419) 435-0486
www.fostoriachamber.com

Welcome A Piece of History!
Fostorians will have an opportunity to see a steam locomotive in action on Thursday, Sept. 9 as the NKP 765 passes through Fostoria. Based out of Ft. Wayne, IN, the locomotive will pass through town on the N-S track on an excursion to Cuyahoga Valley. While the exact time remains unknown, the visit is planned between 9AM and 12Noon this Thursday.

The NKP 765 will not be stopping here for water as originally indicated, however, they promise to "put on a show" as this historic steam engine heads through town. It will spend three weeks in eastern Ohio before returning to Indiana.

Spread the word about this opportunity and come down to the tracks to greet the NKP 765 on Thursday, Sept. 9.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Still sitting in New Haven as of 7:30AM but they've pulled it out and the crew is there - no NS unit on scene yet (assuming one will be added). It should take about 2 hours at 40 mph (assumed top speed) to make it to Leipsic and another hour or so to Bellevue. I probably won't be able to update more directly. Good luck to anyone out looking!

Regards,
Michael

Note - you may also want to keep an eye on this TO thread: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2274363
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

To those chasing, NS will likely run a hi-railer out before the train, this is what they did during ALL NS steam excursions in the past. So, if this is the case, look for a hi-railer about 15 to 20 minutes prior to the train arriving.

Eric at CG Tower
MDH wrote:Still sitting in New Haven as of 7:30AM but they've pulled it out and the crew is there - no NS unit on scene yet (assuming one will be added). It should take about 2 hours at 40 mph (assumed top speed) to make it to Leipsic and another hour or so to Bellevue. I probably won't be able to update more directly. Good luck to anyone out looking!

Regards,
Michael

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

NKP 765 still sitting in New Haven IN as of 8:45am...poor TTAM.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Per TTAM, as of 9:40am, NKP 765 on mainline, waiting on two hot westbounds first, maybe 10:15-10:30 departure. Still waiting for NS leader to hook on.

Poop on MDH, you could have cross linked this thread over on TO :P
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

More field updates from MDH at 9:56am:
NS 7051 just showed up to tie onto 765. However there's a 15E and 233 west of him now at N Findlay and 262 just went by New Haven a little bit ago and is currently in emergency on the main so who knows when they'll actually let 765 go.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

10:15am - NKP 765 has the light to head east, dispatcher said they can depart when ready from New Haven.

10:40am through Payne Ohio.
Webmaster

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

Though Oakwood at 11:45am, TrainOrders thread is about to go to page 2 and I'm not a member. But my brother is in Fostoria waiting on it and is chasing it the rest of the day, so I will update on here as it moves east.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

at 11:45am, NKP765 was by Continental OH. Said they have to wait on 2 westbounds then will be underway again. TTAM mentioned that at Bellevue, they will cut off the NS leader. NS pilots will take 765 to the edge of NS property in Bellevue, where Wheeling pilots will get on board..from his message, sounds like 765 is leading east with no diesel leading from Bellevue but can't confirm that.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

12:50pm update, NS 955(NKP765 train) clear west end of North Findlay.
Webmaster

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Through Fostoria at 1:35pm, got stopped by a coal train on the C&O, pulled right up to the diamonds, as soon as it cleared, 765 started up full blast and drenched the crowd in cinders, my brother said it was incredible!

I'm drinking the no diesel on Wheeling Kool-Aid and I'm leaving Columbus now enroute to Wellington to see it!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Here it is!

Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Just left Bellevue on the Wheeling at 3:00pm, no diesel on the front!

GenXRailMedia
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GenXRailMedia »

I'm glad you guys had good sun for this move. I sat it out, maybe I'll catch the westbound return. Too bad that former SOU geep wasn't facing the "right" way.
"I'll stop you by the radio there, TV-19."

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/kc8wjg/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GenXRailMedia?feature=mhee

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

strugglin wrote:Just left Bellevue on the Wheeling at 3:00pm, no diesel on the front!
Nice! I'm sure we'll be seeing some pictures of that later given all the people I'd heard were in Bellevue. Until then, here's another shot of them in Miller City:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=337325

Regards,
Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO