BNSF , Kingman Az.

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

BNSF , Kingman Az.

Unread post by hobojim »

I moved this past spring and settled in SW corner of Golden Valley AZ. My house sits high up next to base of the mounains and looking SE I can see The Mainline over 12 miles away. A train looks like a line of army ants from that distance. Now I need to get a 100x spotting scope.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: BNSF , Kingman Az.

Unread post by SD80MAC »

The area around Kingman is great for railfanning. If you haven't yet, check out Kingman Canyon!

ImageBusy Times in Kingman Canyon by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

The Seligman Sub is God's, or (insert higher power/being here) Country.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

This place is a mile from downtown, my wife and I often relax there and see multiple trains on both tracks. Recently we saw a unit grain train that was odd in that it had 4 units on the front, 3 in the middle and 2 in the rear. All intermodal have at least 3 units in front with 4 or 5 common and occasionally 6 , but 9 units was very uncommon. I will try and get pics transferred to my computer so I can post them. Note to all, if you want to visit this area, be aware there are rattlesnakes in the area, not something to worry about but something to be aware of.