Supplies to migrants on northbound trains to USA

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Supplies to migrants on northbound trains to USA

Unread post by ~Z~ »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jg&t=2m14s
Interesting video of volunteers giving supplies to migrants riding freight in Mexico northbound to the USA border.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Supplies to migrants on northbound trains to USA

Unread post by hoborich »

Unbelievable! I wonder if anyone has been killed riding the trains.
I'm not taking any position here, but have a simple question. How bad would things have to get for you to take whatever you could carry and your family and walk, ride buses, freight trains a thousand miles, to try and get into another country?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Yes, without getting political....I'm quite certain people are killed routinely when train hopping. Some might be seeing a train with their own eyes for the first time in their lives, especially if they are from somewhere south of Mexico. I do question why true asylum seekers would make such a journey, when each nation in Central America has an embassy, and most have a consulate or two? Mexico has an embassy and 9 consulates.

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

The bigger problem freight train riders face in Mexico are the bandits. In this case there is safety in large numbers.

We could stop this problem overnight if USA businesses and individuals followed the laws prohibiting the hiring of workers without legal permission to work in the USA.