Huron Central to Halt Operations at Year End

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Huron Central to Halt Operations at Year End

Unread post by AARR »

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Huron Central to Halt Operations at Year End

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

I wonder if the ceasation of Huron Central service will impact the movement of nickel ore concentrate from the Eagle Mine mill in Humboldt.

Does anyone know if the current routing of the concentrate includes using HC from Sault Ste. Marie, ON to Sudbury?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Some of the nickel ore goes to SSM and ends up in Sudsbury (did I get the name right?). But I don't know if it goes via HC.
Standard Railfan wrote:I wonder if the ceasation of Huron Central service will impact the movement of nickel ore concentrate from the Eagle Mine mill in Humboldt.

Does anyone know if the current routing of the concentrate includes using HC from Sault Ste. Marie, ON to Sudbury?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Standard Railfan wrote:I wonder if the ceasation of Huron Central service will impact the movement of nickel ore concentrate from the Eagle Mine mill in Humboldt.

Doesn’t go via HC AFAIK
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow