Seriously

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Seriously

Unread post by DT&I »

The families of these two women are suing the railroad for not stopping the train in time for a car that was driven onto the ballast off the crossing by two DRUNK women.
http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/69828/
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Seriously

Unread post by redcrumbox »

Sadly, No Trespassing has no meaning anymore and the railroad will probably lose this one. They better be glad I am not on that jury. What is it with people refusing to take responsibility for their actions. I can't believe a court would even let it get to this point. Money well spent, again.
Old EMD’s are the gift that keeps on giving.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

All the money in the world wont change the stupidity of their whole family. Burn them like they did to the witches in Salem.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

I guess BNSF and the City of Riverside was sued over this accident, too, but the cases were dismissed. How come UP is sucked into this STUPID case? UP should not settle on this case, they should fight it to prove how darn stupid and retarded this family really is! Isn't it obvious this family is dumb because two of their members were killed from their own idiotic actions? They broke the law with driving while intoxicated and under aged drinking (and tehcnically public intoxication when they were outside of the car). The judge should have thrown their case out based on they were killed due to breaking the law (DUI and MIP) and yet the UP crew was doing their job and NOT breaking any laws, yet they have to suffer enough from this accident as is. It's no wonder why the society of this country is quickly going down the toilet.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Robert MacDowell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robert MacDowell »

Anybody can sue with the thinnest of cases. Courts should be accessible.

Winning is quite another thing! These plaintiffs don't have a prayer, as long as Uncle Pete sticks to their guns.

The cancer is people naysaying and deciding the system doesn't work, and so refusing to even try. And thus, causing the outcome they predicted... and then, declaring themselves right! /facepalm

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Robert MacDowell wrote:Anybody can sue with the thinnest of cases. Courts should be accessible.

Winning is quite another thing! These plaintiffs don't have a prayer, as long as Uncle Pete sticks to their guns.
I agree with you. But I would like to see plaintiffs have to pick up the cost of the defendants if they do not win their cases. That may prevent many of these very frivolous cases from ever getting started, tying up court time, and costing defendants money.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by redcrumbox »

Robert MacDowell wrote:Anybody can sue with the thinnest of cases. Courts should be accessible.

The cancer is people naysaying and deciding the system doesn't work, and so refusing to even try. And thus, causing the outcome they predicted... and then, declaring themselves right! /facepalm

The cancer is huge law firms tying up court time with frivolous lawsuits hoping the railroad will settle with a mega payout for the victim's stupidity. The lawsuit with BNSF failed. The lawsuit with the city of Riverside failed. So lets go after Uncle Pete.
Old EMD’s are the gift that keeps on giving.