Latest Signal install/build

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Latest Signal install/build

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Here are a few shots of my latest signal install on the layout.
The Cantilever bridge is from Alkhem scale models, the signal mast and heads are from show case miniatures, the LED's are from rrcirkits. The dwarf including leds is from Showcase miniatures,
the dwarf is yellow on top, red on the bottom with the green blanked out in the middle. I believe this is how it was on the prototype for this location. Anyone recognize the location?

Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

C&O Dispatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Latest Signal install/build

Unread post by C&O Dispatcher »

Nice job! Looks like Plymouth looking east toward the diamond to me. (If that signal is for FL16, I'll take him right out at the north end, but he's gonna have to meet 5 southbounds before he gets to McGrew!). 8)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Looks great!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

C&O Dispatcher wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:03 pm
Nice job! Looks like Plymouth looking east toward the diamond to me. (If that signal is for FL16, I'll take him right out at the north end, but he's gonna have to meet 5 southbounds before he gets to McGrew!). 8)
Love it!
And yes, this is supposed to represent the signal at Plymouth looking east. Cantilever and dwarf have since been replaced with a modern signal however.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Love this! There’s no doubt it’s the old EB signal at the end of the passing siding near Irvin Street in Plymouth.

One place I always wanted to get to but never did was St Albans WV on the old C&O main. The double track main had at least one siding along each side warranting a whole series of monumental cantilever signals through the entire town. Definitely engineered for longevity!

Source: https://scottlothes.com/about/

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

GP30M4216 thanks, That is a cool pic. I would have loved to see that in person. It's interesting how there are slight differences in the cantilevers, at least the ones on the right side.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan