Tunnel City Railway Show- this weekend

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Tunnel City Railway Show- this weekend

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

The Tunnel City Railway Show is taking place this weekend (May 4 & 5) at the Blue Water Convention Center in Port Huron.

Show times are 10 - 5 on Saturday and 10 - 4 on Sunday.

Admission is $7 for one day or $10 for both days.
Children 12 and under are free.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the Blue Water Convention Center is located on the St. Clair River, almost in the shadow of the Blue Water Bridges. The wall facing the river is mostly windows and you can easily see the lake freighters pass by from just about any spot in the hall. During set up this afternoon and evening we saw at least a half dozen freighters on the river.

I hope to see at least some of you there, feel free to stop by the PH&D RRHS booth and say 'hello' (and perhaps a few more words :wink: ).
~ Charles W.

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Tunnel City Railway Show- this weekend

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Well the boats were great Saturday, but. A lack of HO was a surprise.. the MV layout was great, nice and long runs..and 5 boats , 2 days was a bad idea, just ask The old AA show people,
Jd

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

sandpatch1 wrote:Well the boats were great Saturday, but. A lack of HO was a surprise.. the MV layout was great, nice and long runs..and 5 boats , 2 days was a bad idea, just ask The old AA show people,
Jd
Surprising, the PH area seems to be have a higher concentration of N scale modelers, although we had a couple HO scale vendors show up on Sunday (they'd had a family emergency on Saturday).

Next year will be a 2 day show as well. It's hard to convince some of the more elaborate layout groups to come set up and run for a one day show. I also noticed Gratiot Valley seemed to pull pretty well with their 2 day shows in the past.

Thanks for coming up Sandpatch. This was our first year hosting the show and your feedback is appreciated.
~ Charles W.

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Yes, I got a call from my friend selling that the layout was huge, he was right, and the bridge section was great and then they worked, Opened,to put it over the top.. and it was a N gauge paradise. And THE BEST place to have a show, carpet, padded chairs, and windows on the river, and Boat Nerds just down stream. But two days? The decline of the AA show and Gratiot valley make me disagree politely. And highway closing’s and the cost of a hotel make selling at a two day show a $ losing possibility, friend said the table price was great so not a issue for him, but he had to leave Saturday cause of water problems so don’t know how Sunday was. The BC layout was also great and the kids area was super, but last year the big layout space was sellers. The $7 was high but it supports the PHD work so no issue their. Best venue and BOATS, what else could you want but more sellers. Best of luck with your preservation work.