Penn Central N9 Transfer caboose model

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
DTI973
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central N9 Transfer caboose model

Unread post by DTI973 »

Hey guys,

Well it's been a while since I've scratchbuilt a model. I've been working on this one for well over a year, but at this point I'm only a couple whistles, hoses, cut levers and brake links away from it being complete so I thought I'd post a few pics of it. It's 1/29 scale.

Although I model DT&I I picked this because my Grandparents lived within site of the NYC/PC/CR line from Toledo to Jackson and I remember seeing these on the back of some of the trains. Eventually I'll have a GP7 painted black PC to go with it.

Enjoy,
Brian

Brian Briggs
DT&I 1980ish

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Penn Central N9 Transfer caboose model

Unread post by AARR »

You do awesome work, Brian! Looking forward to the GP7.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

Wow.

Just wow.

That is, like your DT&I caboose, simply stunning.
-Fritz Milhaupt

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Just, WOW !

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Drop dead sexy! I have a USAT GP9 that's in for the Conrail Blue treatment. I'd sure love to have one of those in my G Scale collection!

KC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC »

WOW.....work of art.....Beautiful!

Kelly

DTI973
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTI973 »

Thanks guys,

I had fun on this project. I learned a lot during the build. I even stepped out of my comfort zone and had the walkway grating laser-cut out of .04 styrene.

Very satisfying, :D
Brian
Brian Briggs
DT&I 1980ish

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd Cline »

That is BEAUTIFUL !!!! I have an HO scale version by NJ Brass, but your large scale hack is AWESOME! Funny thing, when I was a kid, I saw these things all the time, and never really cared about them. But now, I have memories of them heading up a reverse move from Rumely yard to Main yard, reversed against traffic on #1 track past the depot. Really neat at night, they would have a fusee burning on the leading coupler on the transfer cab, conductor standing on the huge platform, blowing that little "peanut whistle",( wheeeep, wheeeep, weep,weep, ) with the flickering red light of the fusee bouncing off the rain soaked buildings. Man, today nothing there except a bike/pedestrian trail, and the old Michigan Central depot now doing time as a resturant. Better than being demolished I guess. Still never forget those days at the depot in the 1970's. Still had the "Old Railroad Flavor".

Those were the days.

Todd