Lansing Train show anyone?????

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Lansing Train show anyone?????

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

Hey all,

Anyone going to the lansing train show on sunday??? Hopefully it'll be nearly as busy as Gratiot valley was this past sunday (or better yet, even busier!) I'll actually have a table there (at lansing) this go-round as I'm selling off a bunch of my HO stuff (engines and freight cars and probably some track as well) + my Dad's n-scale as well (my dad's vision is going), I'm just trying to avoid lugging it all back to the house so my prices are going to be bargain basement. My friend is going to be selling some O-Gauge stuff as well. Anyone who'll be there i'll be the young guy with the wayne state apparel on, and I'll probably have a sign up advertising "poor college students" given that what I make is probably going to go straight to tuition, so even if you dont buy anything feel free to say hi, hope to see a bunch of you there,

Karl
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lansing Train show anyone?????

Unread post by Big Frank »

KrazyKarl84 wrote:Hey all,

Anyone going to the lansing train show on sunday??? Hopefully it'll be nearly as busy as Gratiot valley was this past sunday (or better yet, even busier!) I'll actually have a table there (at lansing) this go-round as I'm selling off a bunch of my HO stuff (engines and freight cars and probably some track as well) + my Dad's n-scale as well (my dad's vision is going), I'm just trying to avoid lugging it all back to the house so my prices are going to be bargain basement. My friend is going to be selling some O-Gauge stuff as well. Anyone who'll be there i'll be the young guy with the wayne state apparel on, and I'll probably have a sign up advertising "poor college students" given that what I make is probably going to go straight to tuition, so even if you dont buy anything feel free to say hi, hope to see a bunch of you there,

Karl

Ill be going Karl Im looking to pick up a bunch of O gauge stuff. U cant miss me Ill be the one wearing an Camo army jacket

Frank

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Hey Karl,

Any Ann Arobor or Pere Marquette equipment?

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

i am selling stuff for the saginaw railway museum model train club and some of my own stuff
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

I'll be there. I've got a nicely sized check coming on friday :twisted:

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

I'll be there. Any idea where your tables will be Karl and Astrovan man? Looking for non dynamic gp7's in HO....

Railwidow
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Railwidow »

Avery and myself plus the 4 year old Have tables with Bob T. and a couple of other guys.
Vanessa

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Sorry guys but "Epic Fail" won't be there. Epic Fail will be riding the rails to Chicago this weekend. :)
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Im gonna be there, bright and early at 10 AM! :D
Nick

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

Look for the harried dad chasing his 11, 6, and 4.8 year old girls. The wife is skipping town this weekend and it will be a good chance for me to "bond" with my daughters. At least that's my excuse :)

RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

I honestly have no idea where my tables are going to be, the last time I went to the lansing show, I stopped at hardees in durand on the way home :wink: so that shows how long its been........ (in all fairness I haven't been to very many other shows though either and I thoughly enjoyed the lansing show the times I've gone)

Paul- I do have a proto 2000 nondynamic gp of some sort (its either a 7 or a 9 I'm not sure, lettered for rock island but i got rid of the exterior box (its in its foam cradle )) that I'm selling

Dr, I don't have anything PM, but I do have an Athearn Ann Arbor Covered hopper (pullman std), ferry in the fog scheme, Car # 616, I think I have an MDC ann arbor box car as well (railbox style, also ferry in the fog I believe)

Hope this helps- any other questions feel free to ask, and again, regardless of whether you buy anything, I look forward to seeing y'all so feel free to stop and say hi !

Karl
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Man, Karl, Im interested in the AA hopper! :)
Nick

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

I will be there at 6am. I am a member of the LMRC and will be working the show.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I'll be there at some point.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

TrainNut90
EPIC BANNED

Unread post by TrainNut90 »

im in ohio but i cant go beacuse it too far i ratter go to massillon train show in dec 14 2008 it is much closer at massillon ohio
Official Of Erie Railroad 1840__1960
Corey Allen Kinley 18 Year Old

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

For those who don't know the Lansing show is at the MSU pavilion. The gates open at 10:00. Vendor check-in starts at 7:00.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Big Frank »

Anyone Get any Good deals ??? Because I got some GREAT DEALS!!! I picked up an O gauge Die cast 2-6-4 with out tender for 25 Bucks and I went a few tables down and picked up a tender with sound for 5$ The engine runs GREAT !!! I also picked up a ton of track dirt cheap and some electric switches for next to nothing all in all a GREAT DAY!!!

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Good show this year. Not the greatest but really nice. The only thing i hated was the STUPID FREAKIN PURSES AND DREAM CATCHERS AND WHATEVER ELSE WASN'T TRAIN RELATED!!!!! I THINK they need to request what the seller will be selling and if they setup anything other than trains tell them to put it away. MY OWN personal feelings. I know others will argue that they paid money for the spot so they can sell whatever they want.

BACK ON SUBJECT:

Picked up some great deals today. Bought almost excusively from RRFAN members.

KrazyKarl sold me a AA hopper car, AA boxcar, and a couple of 86' auto parts cars cheap.

Avery and his wife Vanessa treated me pretty nicely. Spent some money on 6 autoracks and 2 50' MILW boxcars at their table. BTW, nice weathering job on the boxcars Bill. Might be interested in more now that i'm home. Might PM ya or the wife to see whats left. Thinkin of a few more of the yellow MILW 50' boxcars and maybe a few brown ones as well.

I found at one table a 4 pack of CSX Pere Marquette Division safety award drinking glasses for $10!!!! and also a Flint Terminal mug for $5.

I got a few other deals here and there. Thanks to the Lansing Model Railroad Club for another great show in the Mid-Michigan Area. Gonna have to make it to one of the open houses sometime soon.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

It was a great show. Got me an HO Atlas Conrail GP38 for the steal price of $50. Also picked up a WC boxcar with a working EOT, an MD&W box and a BN box from Avery and Vanessa. Not a bad haul for only $70! The cars look great Bill, you do excellent work.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Anyone know what new vids from MI were there???
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.