Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club Show Feb 15th and 16th

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club Show Feb 15th and 16th

Unread post by Ypsi »

It's time again for the AA Model Railroad Club show in Saline. This was the first show I went to when I was younger, and remains my favorite to this day. One of the largest shows in the area, and never a disappointment.

http://a2trainshow.com/

I'm looking forward to going both days next weekend 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club Show Feb 15th and 16th

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

Spent part of the evening digging up a few more pieces of surplus rolling stock and some used, but still good, decoders to put on the table this weekend. I have a few more of the recent True Line CP 8-hatch refrigerator cars than I'll be able to use, and that I should probably sell, but can't seem to find them.
-Fritz Milhaupt

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Looking forward to the show today, hopfully lots of deals and people :)

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Show was a bit smaller this year, but still pretty nice. Picked up a couple engines and couple cars.. including an Atlas Master Amtrak P32-8 that I didn't need but Fritz introduced me to :lol: for $60 with factory DCC installed, he knew I wouldn't be able to resist it :)

Going back tomorrow morning just to walk around and socialize again.

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

When I go to a train show, I'm more interested in what is available than I am in necessarily getting the lowest prices that I possibly can. But at this year's show, I found a few deals. First was a pair of HO Atlas undec GP7s for $40 apiece-- in retrospect, I should have gone back and bought the third one he had. Then there was the bag of Code 70 turnout components for $8 that has points and frogs for over a dozen turnouts.

Although I swore going in that I wouldn't get myself into any new projects, I got a really good price on six 80-foot extruded aluminum Budd streamlined passenger car blanks, with ends. This'll provide the raw material to try my hand at cutting and milling the streamlined Budd combine (#1402) that the C&O used variously between Holland and Muskegon, briefly between Detroit and Saginaw, and between Grand Rapids and Traverse City. I picked up a few other things, but nothing particularly special.

One news tidbit from the show is that Rick of Rick's Trains of Saginaw has sold out his train inventory to a gentleman from near Grand Rapids.
-Fritz Milhaupt

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

This year was the first time I went to this show and I thought it was pretty decent. I did manage to find a deal or two on some stuff I've been looking for so I'd say it was worth the drive :D I even stayed within the budgeted amount of "train money" I told the wife I was gonna spend :mrgreen: