HESR 745

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

HESR 745

Unread post by AARR »

Michael Caden posted a video of a HESR 745 at several locations running north from Durand. I don't see a 745 listed in Wiki.

Can anyone provide some information about 745?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weqZpnfBSN8
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: HESR 745

Unread post by AARR »

I found in my notes that 745 is the night job of 740. However, Michael's video clearly shows them operating during the day.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

HESR3868
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by HESR3868 »

745 is the new extra board evening relief crew. Often on duty around 14:30, it's a job essentially used to cut OT on the 702/701. The rocket runs to Durand, 745 brings the train back to Bay City and switches the yard. Plans are to possibly make the 745 a regular assigned job next bid, but nothing is certain nor set in stone.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you
HESR3868 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:19 am
745 is the new extra board evening relief crew.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Another 745 instead of 701 (video by Michael Caden)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajTJpU-sjc