LSRC/CSX between Plymouth and Wixom

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Amtrakguy81
Railroadfan...fan

LSRC/CSX between Plymouth and Wixom

Unread post by Amtrakguy81 »

Hello,

Does anyone know a rough time frame and days you can catch trains between Plymouth and Wixom Lincoln yard?

Thanks

RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LSRC/CSX between Plymouth and Wixom

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

last I observed (fall of 2020) it seemed like CSX was usually running in the afternoon/evenings - not sure if they originate in Plymouth, Rougemere, or ??? but it seemed reasonably consistent that they'd be in Wixom between 4-9pm.

LSRC to my knowledge goes on duty in early morning to run north from Wixom to Flint - usually leaving 5-7am and returning 8-11am.

Extra's, like Coal and Grain, I haven't been able to pin down, and I believe run as needed.

due to things getting crazy on the homefront, I also haven't been as observant in the new year as to what schedules they are running.
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

RailsandTrucks wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:29 am
last I observed (fall of 2020) it seemed like CSX was usually running in the afternoon/evenings - not sure if they originate in Plymouth, Rougemere, or ??? but it seemed reasonably consistent that they'd be in Wixom between 4-9pm.

LSRC to my knowledge goes on duty in early morning to run north from Wixom to Flint - usually leaving 5-7am and returning 8-11am.

Extra's, like Coal and Grain, I haven't been able to pin down, and I believe run as needed.

due to things getting crazy on the homefront, I also haven't been as observant in the new year as to what schedules they are running.
The CSX turn job that does the interchange there comes from Toledo.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

Amtrakguy81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Amtrakguy81 »

thanks!

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

As I said in another thread:
The way CSX and LSRC operates the Novi/ Wixom area has become interesting since CSX spun off north of 7 Mile (a few miles north of Plymouth). D735 (from Toledo) will run up to Lincoln Yard in Wixom during the evening and tie-down the train in the yard and park the power on their “engine track”. Z127 will get on duty sometime in the very early morning and use their power to take the train north to Flint with whatever else they have in the yard due north. Once in Flint, Z127 will get off and onto whatever Z126 brought down from Saginaw (power and all) and head back to Wixom. The train will either be set off in Lincoln Yard or Novi siding to go down to Toledo as D736 for CSX (which lately has been a mid-day run since the train was added). Z127 will also work the lone customer on the Wixom Branch they recently won back from the CSX days. Unit trains between the two railroads are set off or exchanged on the spot at either Novi siding, Lincoln Yard, or north of the former MAL Junction, depending how congested the area gets.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."