NS PSR changes?

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Toppysager
Railroadfan...fan

NS PSR changes?

Unread post by Toppysager »

(Feel free to delete and direct if there is already a thread regarding this)

As announced at the quarterly meeting in October, NS will be adopting PSR beginning in February according to company President and CEO Jim Squires. In the the articles I read, Squires took a fairly ambiguous approach to questions, simply insisting that the changes will be "carefully considered" and changes will be "slower in implementation than rival CSX"

So, regarding abolishments specifically, how much (if any) traffic is expected to be cut or combined when the changes take place? I have heard various different rumors from railfans and NS employees alike, ranging from "traffic levels will remain the same, there will just be more precise scheduling and more management layoffs" to more drastic predictions like "mass abolishments are expected as early as January 7th." Not dissimilar to CSX's changes in 2017

I guess I'm just curious to get some insight into just what the heck NS's version of PSR looks like, and how much (if any) are traffic and traffic counts supposed to drop

Thanks in advance
I'll take a hotstot intermodal over a manifest any day

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: NS PSR changes?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Traffic won't drop, it'll just be reorganized.

Traffic is carloads. Train counts are different. You might see more here, fewer there. Won't make a huge difference in most places.

And it'll make the railroad run better and make more money.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow