LVA Adrian Biofuel

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

LVA Adrian Biofuel

Unread post by AARR »

LVA Adrian Biofuel is reportedly moving into the old NextDiesel site. There is rail service into the plant so I am hoping ADBF may get some business from here.

NextDiesel opened around 2008 which included a small yard for 15 tank cars. When the tax credits were discontinued in 2010 they, along with many other renewable fuel plants, closed up. I read the tax credits are back so new investors reopened this place as other places are also reopening.

I believe the annual capacity is 20 million gallons per year but I don't know what actual production will be.

So keep your eyes open to see if ADBF meanders to the west side of Adrian again to switch this plant :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LVA Adrian Biofuel

Unread post by iKJames »

Where exactly is this plant located, to be exact?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

iKJames wrote:Where exactly is this plant located, to be exact?
1571 W Beecher Rd Adrian about 2-3 miles west of Adrian's city limits out by Sand Creek Hwy IIRC.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

If I remember right, it's right next to the plastic's place and there is only one track.
Semi-retired railroader