ATSF to return to the rails

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: ATSF to return to the rails

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

one word: GARBAGE...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

TrainWatcher wrote:one word: GARBAGE...
Quit crying and be happy somebody took the time to even do it! They may not be fully accurate, but WHO THE HELL CARES. You fark foamers and your constant female dog about little BS are astounding. Get over it James.
Bottom text.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

I think they look great. IMO, the only thing that should be changed is the number boards. I really don't care that there is ATSF paint on an ex-SP F, I'm just happy to see that scheme on the rails...
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

I'm just not seeing the catastrophe here. They are absolutely beautiful units portraying perhaps the most iconic railroad road in North America, the mighty ATSF.

No preservation effort is ever going to be 100% accurate, even less so when the thing being preserved is not necessarily the original, and has to function and operate in the real world and not sit stuffed and mounted in a car barn of some museum.

Are the Strasburg Steam engines and coaches garbage because they all say Strasburg on them and not in their historical paint? Serious question, why do some places like Strasburg (and the WM/LS&I engine as mentioned, along with others) get a free pass while the locomotives like in this thread don't?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Clay320 wrote:I'm just not seeing the catastrophe here. They are absolutely beautiful units portraying perhaps the most iconic railroad road in North America, the mighty ATSF.

No preservation effort is ever going to be 100% accurate, even less so when the thing being preserved is not necessarily the original, and has to function and operate in the real world and not sit stuffed and mounted in a car barn of some museum.

Are the Strasburg Steam engines and coaches garbage because they all say Strasburg on them and not in their historical paint? Serious question, why do some places like Strasburg (and the WM/LS&I engine as mentioned, along with others) get a free pass while the locomotives like in this thread don't?
I know, I don't get it. We should be getting crucified at C&M because 7014 doesn't say GTW on it, by that logic.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

SD80MAC wrote:I know, I don't get it. We should be getting crucified at C&M because 7014 doesn't say GTW on it, by that logic.
It's just a few special foamers running their mouths and whining because they have nothing better to do.
Bottom text.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Aside from the horn placement, looks like a ATSF unit to me!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

I like the ATSF units. Railfans have zero control over what happens to locomotives such as these ATSF F units. People arguing about it is certainly not going to do change anything about it. I think these units are cool and gives me another rare gem to catch on America's railroad network.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

I like them alright. They capture the general look of ATSF F7s. The only things I have a problem with are the horn placement, the ditch lights, and the number boards.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

It's funny to me because I see real ATSF and BN units every day. Nothing like switching with a ATSF patched SD40-2, oh the turbo sounds great.
Semi-retired railroader

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Exactly, there are still BN and ATSF units out there in original paint, If you want to see that scheme, its on C44-9W's and C40-8W's. But yes still looks like a warbonnet to me.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain